SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Gibson LP Signature T Wine Red £1200

What's Hot
abw1989abw1989 Frets: 638
edited April 20 in Guitars £
SOLD Gibson Les Paul Signature T £1200

These were a bit of an oddity in the Gibson lineup, I think due a lack of available rosewood at the time. They are essentially a 2013 Les Paul Standard but came with a granadillo fretboard and push/pull volume knobs for coil taps; two models were available, with and without robot tuners. Thankfully this is a 'without' model.

It started life with all gold hardware but that has been replaced with nickel including all the screws and nuts. The only thing still gold is the pickguard bracket but that where it belongs, attached to the pickguard in the case. Tuners are standard Grovers and the bridge/tailpiece are Kluson. The pickups have been replaced with Iron Gear Tesla Sharks and orange drop caps are fitted. It originally had gold speed knobs which have been swapped for gold/silver top hats but originals are in the case. The 'T' truss rod cover has been swapped for a plain one, again original is in the case. Finally, the switch tip is swapped to an amber one, original cream is in the case. Original gold hardware (other than pickguard bracket) and pickups are not included.

Its got a bit of a Slash Rossa Corsa or Dan from The Darkness vibe about it for sure. The top is brilliant, not quite flame not quite plain, with a few mineral streaks here and there. pics don't do it justice!

At some point in its life, it has had a Bigsby fitted, but the none-drilling kind (vibramate...?) although there are four very faint circular marks in the finish where the pads have been resting on the top. It would probably fall under the 'light relic' in Murphy Lab speak. Various little chips and dings along the edges and headstock, buckle worming on the rear and there is evidence of finish checking in some places, noticeably the back of the headstock. I've tried to be honest in the pictures. Absolutely no breaks or repairs though. The main cavity cover has also started to crack a little around the lower screw but is still totally functional. Orignal hardcase is included which has seen a life of its own. Plenty of scuffs, especially on the headstock end which I've pictured.

Weight is 4.1kg according to the with/without method on my bathroom scales.

£1200 collection or local meet up please - Leamington Spa

SOLD - Gibson Midtown Custom £1350

2011 model so one of the early models although I don't think a lot changed during the run. It straddles the line between a hollow body and a chambered guitar. It's a flat top 335 shape hollowed from a piece of mahogany and then capped with maple. Very much a 335/LP cross over. This is the custom model so you get the headstock diamond and block inlays.

It's fitted with the standard Burstbuckers, I think BB1 and BB2. It does have the Richlite fingerboard but I can't ever say that has really been an issue... Hardcase, tool, pickguard and COA are included.

The only changes from standard are that I fitted lightweight Kluson bridge and tailpiece as the previous owner had fitted locking TonePros in nickel and it clashed with the chrome everywhere else! I had orange drop caps fitted by a local tech and it has also had chrome topped knobs swapped in for the speed knobs at some point.

There are a few marks here and there. Pick marks on the top, buckle worming on the rear, a couple of dings (pictured). There is also a patch of discolouration in the nitro where it had been on a stand I assume at some point in time( looks worse in the pic). Nothing to affect playability though!

£1350 I think is fair considering the condition, there are plenty out there for much more, and the prices seem to be climbing!

Collection or meet up please, I'm in Leamington Spa.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments