SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fretless Takamine C132s reduced/ Cordoba Paco F7/Minicordia nylon travel

m0rtm0rt Frets: 21
edited April 1 in Acoustics £
Trades for Nylon crossovers/electric nylon guitars - Ovation/Cordoba/LAG/Nylocaster

REDUCED

Bought new in 2021, and converted to fretless last year by KGB Music who also fitted the K&K classic pickup. Comes with the original hard case. 

Lovely tone. Selling because not played enough, and another banjo is on the cards. 

£500. 

Updated photos

Other than some very slight scratches on part of the rear, in very good condition. Plays lovely. Priced to sell 

£200

Minicordia Travel Nylon guitar

Waiting list for these guitars around 3 months. 45cm long, plays well. Fishman piezo fitted. Very portable and very playable. 

Yours for £200

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• m0rtm0rt Frets: 21
    Photos updated. 
    edited February 22
    Double post
    Will take an acoustic combo amp or WHY in PX
  • BraddersBradders Frets: 21
    Interesting! Ive not come across a fretless nylon string guitar or steal string for that matter. 
    Just out of curiosity what is it like to play? Is there much/any sustain? 
    You would be very surprised. :)

There is an active gentleman on this forum who also plays Fretless, I just wish I could remember his name. 

Also look up Buzz Gravelle
    Here is my original thread on this forum talking about Fretless general:

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/188196/fretless-classical-guitar#latest
  • BraddersBradders Frets: 21
    I looked up Buzz Gravelle and had a listen. He certainly has mastered the art of playing a fretless guitar! It produces a kind of fusion between western and eastern mucial tradition. It seems to require a certain technique in order to feel comfortable playing without frets where open tunings is really important for playing minimal chords with correct intonation. It does produce a unique and haunting sound!
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    Bradders said:
    Just out of curiosity what is it like to play? Is there much/any sustain? 
    m0rt said:
    You would be very surprised. :)

There is an active gentleman on this forum who also plays Fretless, I just wish I could remember his name. 
    It wasn't me but I shall offer my two penny'orth anyway.

Firstly, I'm going to be a pedant and describe the OP's instrument as de-fretted rather than fretless. Having said that, it is clear from the photographs that somebody has made a tidy job of filling the tang slots. Should be a smooth ride.

I have had some experience of playing de-fretted electric guitar. 

Single note work is manageable in Standard tuning. Chords and double stops are easier to execute in open tunings. 

Typically, the simplest Major chords can be held down with a single finger, barring across all six strings. (Place the finger right on the fret tang lines rather than between them.)

Related Major and Minor chords can be fingered with accurate intonation by introducing two fingers in front of the barre. (Same approach as playing Rolling Stones songs in Open G or, say, Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell.)

Some Blues things may be easier to play in Open E or Open D. DADGAD is good for partial chords over open string drones. (THINK: Kashmir.) Sliding between the chord positions can be great fun. It lends an Arabic and/or North African tonality.

This idea can be taken further by imitating the practice of tying on gut frets. Some of the oud family work this way.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Wee bump. 
    bumdadump
    Reduced for quick sale. 

Cordoba Paco and Minicordia added.