SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Squier Contemporary Strat with Upgrades

RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 172
edited April 28 in Guitars £
Hi everyone.

Selling my Squier Contemporary Strat as I don't use it live and want to fund a Jaguar.

It's a great guitar, the roasted maple neck is such a great neck at this price point.
I have upgraded the trem to a Gotoh 1996T. These are easily the best trems, Japanese engineering, can't beat it. It included the block, claw and springs which I have also replaced. I will include the original Floyd too however, the post holes needed to be widened so the original wouldn't fit without dowels being fit and the bridge redrilled. This was a £130 upgrade

I added a tonevise pitch shifter. This is basically a d-tuna allowing the guitar to be dropped to D. The difference is it's small enough to fit in the cavity. With that in mind I have blocked the trem so it only dives. It's only a piece of wood with a tiny bit of super glue. It would come out with a gentle tap. This was £35

I also added a killswitch because......Tom Morello.

In the interest of clarity and transparency I upgraded this guitar a lot but have put back the reversible upgrades. I fitted locking tuners, unnecessary on a Floyd Rose style trem really. I have put back the originals but the screw holes from the Gotoh lockers are visible. 
The killswitch meant routing out a small cavity under the pickguard, it's not visible and is a reasonably neat job.

The volume pot is a little intermittent. I think it just needs some pot cleaner or adjusting slightly. There may be a wiring touching ground. But it's nothing major.

When fitting the Gotoh, I had to drill out the holes slightly. It's not the neatest job, I went a bit ham fisted but it's solid and it works. A touch up with some paint or even a permanent marker will hid the wood scars you can just see.

The back panel and locking nut is now on, they were just off in the video for tuning and video purposes.

Looking for £250 which I think is a fair price for a guitar with a £130 trem on it. 
Pickup from around Leeds or can take to the guitar show on the Sunday.

Any questions let me know.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/198435672@N03/5Ws7thrQ47

(Excuse the cat, she's a right fucking diva sometimes)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments