SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Charvel San Dimas Style 1 - Slime Green - 2014 (quartersawn neck) - further reduced to £460

What's Hot
DdwagstaffDdwagstaff Frets: 19
edited April 11 in Guitars £
2014 Charvel San Dimas Style 1 in Slime green.

This was one of the early Mexican ones with the quartersawn maple necks - to me the neck feels on par with the MiJ and USA Pro Mods that I have owned, and feels quite different to the later and current Charvel flat sawn necks.

The fretwork is excellent and there is minimal wear to the frets as you can see from the pics. The body is in great condition, with no major marks, although there is a tiny neck pocket finish crack of a couple of milimeters on one side, shoiwn in one of the pics.

When I bought this guitar a couple of years ago, the previous owner had already had the body professionally routed for the extra pickup in the middle. However they were playing it with only a bridge and middle pickup, and the neck cavity contained miniature wooden painted zombies  (see one of the old pics), and they were using the original 3 way switch.

Since then, I've had a neck pickup and a Freeway 6 way toggle switch professionally installed by SMB Guitars.

So the 3 pickups in the guitar are a JB in the bridge, a '59 in the neck, and a Seymour Duncan Phat Cat humbucker sized P90 in the middle.
 The 6 positions of the switch give you the following options:
Position 1: Bridge Pickup only
Position 2: Bridge and Neck
Position 3: Neck pickup only
Position 4: Neck and P90
Position 5: P90 only
Position 6: P90 and Bridge

This guitar is very tonally diverse. If you want to stick to the usual JB and '59 sounds you can, or you can get some lovely fat overdriven single coil sounds from the P90, and even a tinge of strat quack with the in between positions.

Collection from Hindhead, Surrey - or I can ship within the UK for £20.

Please note the sale does not include the hard case seen in a couple of the pics, but I have guitar boxes and adequate packaging materials to securely ship it without.

https://imgur.com/a/TvmMBMZ

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments