SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn: PRS CE22 2006 or PRS Singlecut Trem 2007 - reduced to £1100 each

What's Hot
RevMattRevMatt Frets: 835
edited March 29 in Guitars £

BOTH GUITARS NOW WITHDRAWN 

PRS CE22 - USA Core model - 2006

£1150 now £1100 collected from Nottingham 

ABOUT THE GUITAR

Here's a rather lovely PRS CE22 dating from 2006. It comes in what I think is called Cappuccino  - really a sort of metallic grey.

It comes in its original case with trem arm and a few bits of PRS related paperwork (although not the Eagle hang tag). It will also come with the original strap buttons fitted and not the Schallers shown.

The guitar features the expected high quality USA build and spec but has undergone a few quality modifications:

- the original 5 way rotary and tone control have been replaced by a toggle switch and a push/push tone control

- the pickups have been replaced by a set of matched Creamery Double Six humbuckers - these are from a small UK maker and are fairly hot, they coil split via the tone control

- the neck has been sanded back a bit and is now possibly the smoothest neck I've felt, it really does feel great - you can see a slight change in the shade of the neck as it transitions from neck to headstock

Thanks to a) being a great guitar to begin with and b) these improvements, the guitar not only looks but also sounds and plays superb.

CONDITION

So perhaps unusually, this guitar has been played a lot and shows signs of wear to evidence this - this is a good sign, rather than it sitting unloved in its case.

On first glance or from a short distance the guitar still looks like it's in great condition, but closer inspection reveals lots of little marks - I've highlighted a few in the pictures but these are not the only ones. There are no unsightly chips out of the finish/ paint, but quite a few little dents and impressions in the finish. Also a mark in the rosewood fretboard on the 11th fret whish doesn't really show in the picture.

The neck and headstock are generally excellent and although there is a little wear to the frets, nothing that needs attention.

The case has lots of scuffs and marks but still fully functional.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 835
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 25
    Spotted something (as you do) so this is back up for sale - happy to post if needed at cost (from £15 for basic next day, but you can add insurance if needed).

Also adding the PRS SCT as follows - only looking to sell one of these:

PRS Singlecut Trem - USA Core model - 2007 - £1150 now £1100

Here's a rather lovely PRS SCT dating from 2007 - it's the all mahogany model, so not too much bling, but still has those lovely abalone bird inlays. This particular example was previously owned by Richard Shaw, ex Cradle of Filth, although I appreciate that doesn't add to the guitar's quality or value, just a bit of trivia!

It comes in its original case with trem arm and a few bits of PRS related paperwork (including the Eagle hang tag). It will also come with the original strap buttons fitted and not the Schallers shown.

The guitar features the expected high quality USA build and spec and is all original featuring:

- solid mahogany carved top body

- mahogany set neck

- rosewood fingerboard

- Phase II locking tuners

- PRS tremelo bridge

- Original PRS #6 (or are they #7 in this model...) humbuckers

- Volume and tone controls with a push /pull on the tone to split the humbuckers and a 3 way toggle

This is a great playing guitar, well set up, with a very versatile range of tones that can handle anything you throw at it.

CONDITION

So perhaps unusually, this guitar has been played a lot and shows signs of wear to evidence this - this is a good sign, rather than it sitting unloved in its case. Structurally the guitar is sound, with no damage that affects it's integrity or playability, as mentioned it's well set up and everything works as it should. There are also no huge dings or chunks out of it, but, consistent with being professionally used, it has a fair amount of character in the form of small dings and buckle rash to the rear. Because of the finish on the guitar, these are hard to show in the pictures, but assume it's a well used example and you'll have a good idea. The frets have some wear, but nothing that needs any attention as it frets cleanly across the board/ Feel free to ask questions if there are any specific things you'd like to know.

The guitar comes with its original fitted case, which is similarly well used but structurally sound - so again, expect scrapes and wear to the tolex covering.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Prices reduced a tad
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17623
    tFB Trader
    Is that a Singlecut Satin?

If so they have a really lovely neck profile that I've never experienced on another PRS. I had the P90 version and it's probably the only guitar I regret selling.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    monquixote said:
    Is that a Singlecut Satin?

If so they have a really lovely neck profile that I've never experienced on another PRS. I had the P90 version and it's probably the only guitar I regret selling.
    I think it might be the 'Singlecut satin' - I know generally the all mahogany ones were called something like that, but I'm not 100% sure as it does have some kind of finish to it, so I don't if there was a different model?

Either way, I agree about the neck!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rocker6rocker6 Frets: 16
    I haven't seen one of those satins for years , very cool