SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Gibson SG Classic

What's Hot
SnagsSnags Frets: 5375
edited March 29 in Guitars £
This is back on the market because, lovely as it is (and it is), I think I'm just a humbucker peasant, so it never comes out of the case, which is an absolute waste of a great guitar.

Nicely setup (to my mind), easy to play, well-balanced (no neck dive for me, although I do use a suede strap with it).

Excellent condition, comes with truss rod tool and a little bit of Gibson puff paperwork in the case. There's a tiny, tiny blemish on the back of the neck, pin-prick kind of thing, virtually invisible to the naked eye and doesn't impact playability at all (for me). It's a princess and the pea kind of deal, but full disclosure and all that.

This guitar is guaranteed to result in more and more satisfying sexual conquests of your preferred gender [1]
This guitar will make you an irresitable force able to fulfill all of your desires [2]
This guitar confers immortality and youthful vigour on the owner [3]
This guitar is an extremely nice example of a 2004 Gibson SG Classic with twin P90s in superb condition and you'd be hard-pressed to find a better one without a lot of searching [4]

No trades. 

Absolutely not shipping because it's too nice to risk couriers. Collection from Hertford or there's the potential to meet-up over a reasonable distance.

Casual research seems to indicate that these go for £1,200 or thereabouts (Reverb, Ebay etc.).

So, for a sale from here, £1,000

Yes, it's up on Facebook for a bit more than that. But that's Facebook.

[1], [2], [3] These claims are total bullshit and absolutely not guaranteed in any way, shape or form; but you might briefly feel like they're true when you start playing it
[4] This one I stand by, for what it's worth

First couple of pictures will click through to full-size/hi-res; the others are shrunk a bit but if anyone wants more detailed shots, let me know, I can PM them.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3203
    The BEST SG, had one for a while and should have kept it. Perfect neck, great pickups. Glwts. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    1 wow doesn't feel like enough..!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7872
    What a cracker!  Very tempted. 
  • RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 404
    Beautiful.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5375
    TheMarlin said:
    I find the best thing to do with temptation is to just get it over with and give in quickly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MSedgMSedg Frets: 117
    Not in the market, as I already have one, but these are the best. The only model where I’ve sold one and regretted it so much I’ve ended up buying another.
  • Definitely the “sleeper” Gibson model that has started being discovered by more and more people. I adore mine, got it for a steal in like 2018. 
  • GJK1959GJK1959 Frets: 54
    edited March 23
    I have played this guitar, and can confirm that it is a beauty. I have lusted after it many times and should’ve bought it when I had the money.
    Tis a sound buy however - don’t hold back..!!

previously 'retsacotarts' on music radar forum
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Why oh why oh why did I sell mine?!

And it was before the prices went nuts so I got less than £550 for it too which makes it all hurt more. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 23
    Snags said:
    TheMarlin said:
    I find the best thing to do with temptation is to just get it over with and give in quickly.
    I have 5 guitars with P90s. I appear to have a serious addiction problem. 
    Regardless, if it’s still here the weekend of the 6th, then let’s chat. 
    In the meantime, i don’t want to hold up any potential deals you might have. Unfair until i have the cash in hand. 
    And, knowing me, first thing I would do is nail a Bigsby on it 
    TheMarlin said:
    Snags said:
    TheMarlin said:
    In the meantime, i don’t want to hold up any potential deals you might have. Unfair until i have the cash in hand. 
    It’s one of those guitars where a Bigsby is the perfect finishing touch: 
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/157224850@N02/H5w7g32zXX
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TheMarlin said:
    Snags said:
    TheMarlin said:
    It’s one of those guitars where a Bigsby is the perfect finishing touch: 
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/157224850@N02/H5w7g32zXX
    Enabler!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 23
    Just 4 questions. 
    Neck profile?
    location?
    All original?
    Any neck dive on a strap (though Bigsby would resolve if it does)

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22866
    OK, I'm not buying, just asking a question so apologies for timewasting.... is that a full ABR-1 bridge setup, with posts screwed into the body, or is it an ABR-1 sitting on Nashville posts?  I've got an SG Classic from the same year and it has a regular Nashville bridge.
    @TheMarlin ;

Neck profile: I don't know, I'm hopeless at such things. Pleasant, but slimmer then my 98 Studio

Original: as far as I know. I bought it off DickieGuitar maybe 6+ years ago and  apart from string changes it's as I received it.

Neck dive: not that has ever caused me an issue. I have a suede strap so that's a bit grippy. With a slippy strap and hands free I would expect a slight droop but not a rush to the floor.

@Philly_Q I have no idea, I play them (or not in this case) and have never got into the nerdy aspects to that degree. Over the years when I've searched for contemporary examples to compare I've seen them with both ABR-1 and Nashville, but have no idea if it was a factory option or a previous owner's preference.

edited March 23
    @TheMarlin i believe the classics are generally the chunkier of the SG necks. 
    @TheMarlin if I can find a battery for my probably not hugely accurate calipers I'm happy to take some measurements. It's not my standard skillset though, so there will be a margin for error.

Fairly sure I've got replacement batteries, it's just a question of finding them, so it might be a day or two. Not sure I can take a meaningful picture of the actual shape though. Well, not without cutting a cross-section, which probably isn't the wisest move :)
    Snags said:
    @Philly_Q I have no idea, I play them (or not in this case) and have never got into the nerdy aspects to that degree. Over the years when I've searched for contemporary examples to compare I've seen them with both ABR-1 and Nashville, but have no idea if it was a factory option or a previous owner's preference.
    I think you've just branded me nerdy, but I shall acknowledge the truth of that and take it as a compliment.  ;)

FWIW, I suspect it is a replacement ABR-1 sitting on Nashville posts, but that's an improvement in my opinion, it certainly looks better.  I'll probably do the same on mine at some point.
    @Philly_Q very rarely do I use the term "nerdy" in a pejorative sense. And this was not one of those occasions.
    @TheMarlin i believe the classics are generally the chunkier of the SG necks. 
    Yes, it's the "rounded" profile which is the chunkiest profile you'll generally find on Gibson USA SGs.  Not a million miles from the Les Paul '50s profile, but a bit shallower at the nut end, I think.  Of course they vary, mine has what I'd call a slight "D" profile, squarish in the shoulders and a bit flattish on the back, but I've tried other "rounded" necks which are more of a "C".