SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/ FT Hook R20 1x12 20w 2 channel Combo with spring reverb. Handmade Boutique amplifier £950

What's Hot
TobyBTobyB Frets: 13
edited 6:39AM in Amps £

This is a fantastic boutique amp that was handmade in The Netherlands. 20w, 1x12. Amazing cleans and a great lead channel. Very versatile and takes pedals beautifully with a very nice effects loop. I bought this off @Slunky1 a few months ago and was very happy to have it as my amp going forward until my Mrs started complaining about how loud I was playing so I’m looking to buy something with a master volume .

Full transparency, the main 2amp slow blow fuse blew last week, but once replaced it’s been absolutely fine but a service may be required in the near future. Update. Been playing it for the last few weeks and had no problems

looking for £950 which is less than I paid for it . I believe they were £2200 new and went down to £1699 in the Andertons sale which is what I think Slunky paid for it 

will consider trades for 1x12 combo with master volume/ attenuator. Trade value is £1200

https://www.flickr.com/photos/195529174@N03/53647798845/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/195529174@N03/53693334403/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/195529174@N03/53693471304/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/195529174@N03/53692238432/in/dateposted-public/

From Andertons Website

Hook Amps's R20 combo is a compact 2-channel valve combo perfect for the home, studio or rehearsal room. If you want bells and twang, the R20's first channel delivers that perfectly, while its second channel takes you into raw blues territory. It's an amplifier which benefits expressive players who love having no-frills, tube-powered tones free of anything digital. It's as pure as it gets!

The warm yet sparkling reverb gives your tones the spacious quality that only a real valve-driven spring tank can. The R-Series combo also comes equipped with a tube-buffered effects loop to bring the best out of your stompboxes, making the R20 a fantastic pedal platform amp.

Key Features

• 2 footswitchable channels with independent EQ controls for superb tone-shaping potential and versatility.
  • 6V6 power section and 12AX7 preamp tubes yield that American-voiced, genuine valve amp feel and response.
  • Tube-driven, footswitchable spring reverb lets you add vibrant ambience to your sounds.
  • Fitted with a Warehouse 'Veteran 30' speaker, based on a legendary design but with a smoother upper mid-range for more musical tones.
  • Effects loop allows you to route your favourite time-based and modulation pedals between the R20's power amp and preamp sections.
  • Top-quality, hand-picked components.
  • Handbuilt in the Netherlands.

Specifications

• Power: 20 Watts
  • Channels: 2
  • Controls (Channel 1): Volume, Treble, Mid, Bass, Reverb
  • Controls (Channel 2): Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Level 1, Level 2, Reverb
  • Preamp Tubes: 4 x 12AX7 (Preamp), 1 x 12AT7 (Reverb), 1 x 12AX7 (Phase Inverter)
  • Power Tubes: 2 x 6V6
  • Rectifier: GZ34
  • Speaker Output: 4, 8 Ohm Individual Out
  • Speaker: Warehouse (WGS) 12" Veteran 30
  • Dimensions (W x H x D): 61 x 49 x 25 cm

pick up in Petersfield, Hampshire or I could possibly drop off in London/ surrounding areas. Too big to post

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• andyg_prsandyg_prs Frets: 57
    I wish I were closer to try this.  One demo was describing the clean channel has no master volume and always sounds like it's pushed by a (good) pedal....is that correct?  And what does it weigh?  There's something weird with their website, whatever device I look on it tries to open a .co.uk version of the website that's unavailable.....or is that just me? :)
  • TobyBTobyB Frets: 13
    Hi mate, yeah that website is screwed, I managed to get it working by pressing the back button so it then goes back to .com

clean channel is great but it is
    very loud , never turned it up beyond 3 even with a drummer and the lead channel has a nice Marshall voicing. 

The amp is pretty heavy which is why posting is an issue
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    On hold now
    Back up 
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Sunday bump
    Make me an offer bump
    Bump, slight price increase due to no urgency to sell
    Bump
  • scoobysnackscoobysnack Frets: 54
    Bad Luck you don’t want to ship it to me …
    Bad Luck you don’t want to ship it to me …
    It’s not that I don’t want to, its due to the fact that I dont have a box, packaging etc. also I’m genuinely worried about it getting to France in one piece. I’ll pm you about it