SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: PRICE DROP Les Paul Custom 57 RI Black Beauty Murphy Lab and 1952 Harmony Stratotone H44

What's Hot
TheToneTurnerTheToneTurner Frets: 74
edited April 29 in Guitars £
I've been bitten by a vintage guitar bug and that means it's time to move on two of my all time favourite guitars.

I've spoken to a few guitar shops (ATB, Vintage n Rare, Andy's, Guitar Valley and others) and sent photos of these to find out the value they would list them for, which I'll add below, along with the price I'm looking for by selling on here. It's obviously less!

Guitar One
2022 Gibson Les Paul Custom 57 reissue Murphy Lab – black beauty
Incredible Gibson LP custom. Comes with the case and all the candy. Fantastic condition and just an absolute rock machine. You won't find many/any of these around, none available as far as I can tell at the moment on reverb or in the shops. This is the Murphy Lab version not the VOS finish.

Specs here on the Gibson site. Guitar is all original. There is one additional area of wear on the back which is pictured, otherwise it's all the Murphy Lab's wonderful relic work. And it really is wonderful.

Some glamour shots below and a bunch more for more detail on Imgur here.

Shop price would be £6k (new these are around £7k see Peach listing here for £7.4k) – for sale here at £5500 – £5250

Guitar Two
1952 Harmony Stratotone H44 in Gold
Bought this from Phil's Vintage Guitars a few years back. Fantastic guitar and so much fun. Incredibly rare in the UK. No others for sale as far as I can see in the usual places.

This has been played its whole life, no case queen here. But it's working perfectly with the huuuge sounding Hershey bar pickup and the switch that removes the tone circuit like an Esquire. Recently set up. Apparently it has had a refret at some point and the tailpiece has been pinned to the body which removes many of the issues these guitars can have. The original nut and bridge piece are included. Original card case also comes with it and it's in great condition. Plus a modern hard case so that it is actually protected if you're taking this outside.

This is a debut year, 1952 model. Harmony sold these through various retailers in the US, this one came from Montgomery Ward, so it has the coolest graphic headstock. Exactly the same as the one the Tallest Man on Earth uses. As seen here on his incredible version of Both Sides Now.

Be warned, the neck is one of the only man-made objects you can see from space. It’s massive. It's ridiculous. It’s definitely not the most comfortable. But you WILL overcome it and love it, as I do.

Some glamour shots below and a bunch more for more detail on Imgur here.

Shop price would be £2200 – for sale here at £2000 – £1800

As for collection, I'm based in Hastings but travel to London most weeks for work. Also willing to go further to make a deal if the price is right.

Trades:
As I say, I'm after vintage. If you have an all original 60s ES330 or ES3X5 I'm all ears.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• daddyashdaddyash Frets: 40
    That’s my old guitar, absolute stunner!! You’re right it is harmony (H44) built for Montgomery wards (8379) Very rare guitar over here! Just like Marc Ribots. If I had the funds I’d have it back. Good luck with the sale. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • daddyash said:
    That’s my old guitar, absolute stunner!! You’re right it is harmony (H44) built for Montgomery wards (8379) Very rare guitar over here! Just like Marc Ribots. If I had the funds I’d have it back. Good luck with the sale. 
    No way! That's amazing do you mind me asking where you got it from? I know it went off on tour with a blue band for a while before I had it. Was always hoping to find out how it made its way to the UK. But probably a story lost to time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • daddyashdaddyash Frets: 40
    Hi mate, not 100% sure how it made its way over here, but I bought it in 2017 from a guy who lived in the Peak District. Someone I know at Richtone music told me about it as they knew I was into these guitars and looking for this model. The guy had taken it to the shop to trade in but obviously decided to sell it privately instead. I sold it to a chap on this forum an around 2019/20 I think. 
    Cheers 
    Tim
  • daddyash said:
    Hi mate, not 100% sure how it made its way over here, but I bought it in 2017 from a guy who lived in the Peak District. Someone I know at Richtone music told me about it as they knew I was into these guitars and looking for this model. The guy had taken it to the shop to trade in but obviously decided to sell it privately instead. I sold it to a chap on this forum an around 2019/20 I think. 
    Cheers 
    Tim
    I got it very early 21 from Phil’s vintage guitars. Was a great lockdown purchase and friend. 

Wouldn’t it be great if we all left a note in with the guitars we own so people could trace the life they’ve had. 
  • Bump this little chap from 1952
  • Added the coolest Les Paul Custom Black Beauty, bump. 

Hit me up with your vintage 60s ES3XX trades or just buy some happiness! 
  • Bumping the black beauty
  • Talk to me about trades and offers bump!
  • TheToneTurnerTheToneTurner Frets: 74
    Price drop bump
  • Norlin4lifeNorlin4life Frets: 277
    I see you purchased the Murphy Lab blackboard to go with the guitar
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7207
    Two lovely guitars and you take a fine photo @TheToneTurner  (unless you had @dazzajl over with his camera)
    I see you purchased the Murphy Lab blackboard to go with the guitar
    This comment wins! Haha
    Two lovely guitars and you take a fine photo @TheToneTurner  (unless you had @dazzajl over with his camera)

Ah, too kind. To be fair when the guitars looks this good it's hard to take a bad photo. 

Maybe if I spent as much time practicing as I do taking photos I'd feel a bit happy with my guitar skills!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5775
    Bloomin gorgeous shots and guitars aren’t they. Have looked very longingly at that Harmony. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Friday bump for these two beauts