SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

All sold: Benson Germanium Boost & Fairfield Barbershop V1

What's Hot
BlackbirdCabsBlackbirdCabs Frets: 274
edited April 19 in FX £
Two lovely pedals for sale, both great tools but I'm suffering from option paralysis here and trying to raise a bit of dosh for an acoustic, so.......

Fairfield Barbershop V1 - great condition but no box - £165 - SOLD
A great pedal, in the 'transparent' overdrive ballpark but the sag feature gives you the feel of a pushed power amp without the volume. Feels great to play once you get the sag in the sweet spot, one of the best I've tried with Tweed style amps. This is a version 1 which some people say has the original mojo but I can't vouch for that. It does mean that the pedal is happy with 18v which I really like for the extra headroom, I think the later versions only like 9v.

Benson Germanium Boost - great condition with box etc - £140 - SOLD
This is basically in mint condition expect for one missing stripe/notch on the boost dial (maybe it was a factory 2nd?)
A great boost that goes from fairly clean to slightly hairy. It does a bit of subtle tone shaping too, a bit of sparkle, a bit of compression, and a bit of the 'fuzz face with the volume rolled back' thing. I found the Youtube videos to be fairly accurate with this one (not always the case!)

Prices assume paypal f&f and include postage. Pics to follow.........
Blackbird Cabs - bespoke guitar cabinets, handcrafted in North Devon
sam@blackbirdcabs.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments