SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Celestions: Alnico Gold 12" 8 ohms & 6402 Greenback 12" 8 ohms

What's Hot
BlackbirdCabsBlackbirdCabs Frets: 274
edited April 26 in Amps £
I'm raising some dosh for an acoustic so have been rummaging through my speakers to see what I can bare parting with! These are both great 12's but I don't have cabs for them at the moment so they're up for sale......

Celestion 6402 Greenback - 8 ohms - decent used condition - £90 £80
I picked up a pair of these on eBay a while back, both still in an old homemade cab. Unfortunately one of the speakers has been damaged and has some fairly major cone cry, but this one is working perfectly as far as I can tell (it passes the rudimentary tests on the Bygone Tones website and sounds great at loud volume).
The '6402' Greenbacks were made for a short time in the 1990's and have developed a reputation for being a close second to original Pulsonics from way back when. I wouldn't know to be honest but this speaker does sound great hooked up to all of my amps, although I don't have anything Marshall-y to do it justice.
The cosmetic condition is decent but the dust cap is starting to lift away slightly, and there are a few crumbs of chipboard from the original speaker baffle that have made a home on the doping.

Celestion Alnico Gold - 8 ohms - excellent condition but no original box - £150 £140
Probably my favourite speaker, certainly with Tweed amps (I've moved over to the 10" version which is also great).
I've had a couple of these in the last few years and this is the mellowest of the lot, I'm guessing it's had the most playing time so has loosened up the most. Looks brand new but definitely feels broken in.

Prices assume paypal f&f and postage is included.

Any questions let me know.

Pics to follow..........
Blackbird Cabs - bespoke guitar cabinets, handcrafted in North Devon
sam@blackbirdcabs.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments