SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

(Pending)FS/FT Yamaha CPX15 CM compass series £995

mankytommankytom Frets: 243
edited May 16 in Acoustics £
I’ve had this about five years and it really is a lovely guitar. But I’ve just picked up a Taylor 7 series and while not better, it’s newer (to me) and I haven’t got space for both. 

These were built in 1999 (from what I can gather) and were hand made in Japan. They are all solid wood (cedar and mahogany) and have an under bridge pickup and a microphone in the sound hole, which you can blend for the tone of your choice when plugged in. 

there were a number of models badged as compass series, but these were the real top line ones, and are quite rare. The only other one of these I’ve seen went for over a grand about eight years ago on reverb. In 1999 this sold for £1250 which puts it over £2300 if you believe the Bank of England inflation tracker..

aside from all of that, it plays really nicely, with a slim neck, low action and sounds as good as any acoustic I’ve played. I really like the clear Pickguard too. 

I’ve got advertised elsewhere for 1400, but would take 1200 or a near offer from here (be good to keep on the fretboard so that if I regret selling I might get it back) 

I’m also very interested in trades for another electric.. (silver sky would be nice, but open to anything really)

comes with original hard case.. collection preferred from Sale in Manchester but I’m not averse to a little motorway services big boy swapsie..

Any questions just ask… 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mankytommankytom Frets: 243
    Just looking back at those images there is some dust on the sound hole.. it’s just dust… not weird playwear or anything
    Played a Kauffman strat earlier and really liked it. Open to offers. Keen on trades for boutique makers.. can add (a little) cash for the right guitar.
    Offered a grand on Facebook last week.. now wishing I’d taken it! I’d take £995 :relaxed: 
    edited May 12
    Trades for a Les paul jr? (Probably not the 2015 one) 

or special