Sambora with Shifty - round 2

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27475
I never saw the first attempt but they've done another round and it's much better than the first one apparently was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fjl0Pc4RxE 
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 846
    Nice. Added to my watch later list 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5198
    First time around was car crash central. He looks pretty tired in this one, but great to see him doing well 
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1109
    This was great. Millions times better than the Bon Jovi documentary.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11655
    tFB Trader
    Half way through and it's great . 
    I thought 7800 Fahrenheit had some good songs  on it and Only Lonely was a favourite of mine, so great to see them go over it in detail.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1393
    edited May 13
    Mess of an interview but there was some interesting nuggets - and you get a clear sense of where Sambora is at these days.

I loved how's he's plugged into a Positive Grid Spark Go Ultra Portable mini amp and .. once he'd warmed up played that blistering run that gave a glimpse at the greatness in amongst the haze of 40 years excess on the road .
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1388
    Seems like both him and JBJ are attempting to put their own version of history across…….. The BJ series followed the Beckham, Williams stuff where the narrative was tightly controlled whereas this was somewhat different. At least he was sober but not entirely in touch with reality and lost interest midway through. 
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23394
    It's kind of wearying listening to him - and I take all his blather about joining Kiss, having a record deal with Swan Song, running a big club at age 19, etc, with a pinch of salt - but that was pretty entertaining. 

I wonder if he knows his relic Charvel is the Henrik Danhage signature model? 

Shifty's a patient interviewer, fair play to him.
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1109
    Shifty seems like a really nice guy. Richey seems like an old guy that enjoys anyone willing to listen to him talking about the old days. I wonder if they really enjoyed it or if it was all go go go. 
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 550
    I quite enjoyed that. As Philly Q says ,I'm sure there was a little bit of BS in there but interesting none the less.

I watched the Phil Collen interview straight afterwards which I would highly recommend.  
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23394
    ^^ Funnily enough, I watched another Phil Collen interview last night, but not the Shifty one:

I guess this is the one you watched?

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4228
    Half way through and it's great . 
    I thought 7800 Fahrenheit had some good songs  on it and Only Lonely was a favourite of mine, so great to see them go over it in detail.
    7800 is one of my big faves ,some crackin songs ,Tokyo road ,in n outta love ,price of love ,only lonely ,hardest part is the night , lovely memories 
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4228
    Richie truly is fucking awesome 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 550
    Philly_Q said:
    ^^ Funnily enough, I watched another Phil Collen interview last night, but not the Shifty one:

I guess this is the one you watched?

yep, that's the one. Seems like a top bloke , unlike most of his contemporaries who appear to be desperately clinging on to the past.