SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 1964 Fender Stratocaster Sunburst | All Original (HUGE FOLDER OF PICTURES ADDED)

What's Hot
TomykTomyk Frets: 45
edited May 16 in Guitars £
For sale! 

1964 Stratocaster in amazing original condition 

NEW IMAGES

https://imgur.com/a/skDvsKZ

Great condition 3 Tone sunburst finish. Minor chipping from case wear and a raised area on the back from a sticker that is long gone but finish has kept its outline.  

The neck has the gentle wear that you would expect from a guitar of this age. With a nice profile. Starting slim towards the 1st fret, and filling out nicely toward the 12th fret. Of course it’s a laminate rosewood board of the Br*zili*n variety. 
The fret board features the light pitting from finger wear and the original frets are low but still playable. A refret would improve the playability but it’s never been something I’d wanted to do. 

This guitar has an incredible tone. Sometimes with vintage strats, they look pretty but sound very average. This isn’t the case with this one, it’s got a fantastic bite and chime to the sound. Very balanced across the pickups and if you park the 3 way switch between the neck and middle position, you’ll get that stunning 4th position that is the quintessential strat sound IMO. 

A nice weight at 3.5kg, or 7.7lbs. 

comes with the correct no logo case, original trem arm (currently using a replica arm with the original in the case), and original Ash tray bridge cover, backplate and screws in a bag. 

There’s been a touch up to the solder on the trem claw and volume pot, not done by myself. 

bought by myself back in 2019 from a well known UK guitar retailer. It has been kept in its case with a Govee hygrometer to allow me to track the humidity and temperature. 

Only selling as the other half is desperate to buy our first home and deposit needed. Otherwise I would happily keep this guitar as a sound investment. 

I’m open to the idea of small px of a CS level fender towards this but really the bulk of exchange has to be £££ 

1964 Stratocaster - £26k fretboard price 

Any question feel free to shoot me a message.

cheers! 

0reaction image LOL 35reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paul111spaul111s Frets: 121
    No comments on this yet…have a ‘ wow that’s delightful’  from me
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • W.o.w.
  • Lawriejones1Lawriejones1 Frets: 146
    paul111s said:
    No comments on this yet…have a ‘ wow that’s delightful’  from me
    Sometimes there are no words…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • marxskimarxski Frets: 256
    Amazing!
  • JamesSGBrownJamesSGBrown Frets: 234
    Utterly gorgeous!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 561
    Nice !
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 922
    Wowzer!

You’ll miss that one day. But houses are more important I guess. 
  • TomykTomyk Frets: 45
    BUMP

Thanks for all the nice comments so far! 

I have updated the listing with a bit more info as well as a big folder of images to drool over / entice the next lucky owner

Cheers! 
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5869
    If I hadn't bought that 1959 Les Paul the other day, I'd be all over this  :3

Seriously though, that is probably the "biggest" thing I've ever seen for sale on here. Wowed!
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    If I hadn't bought that 1959 Les Paul the other day, I'd be all over this  :3

Seriously though, that is probably the "biggest" thing I've ever seen for sale on here. Wowed!
    I’ll happily entertain the idea of a straight swap ;) 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1029
    Tomyk said:
    Bump
    I have David Bowies DNA on a CD, is that a Far Swap :)  Lovely guitar by the way 
    “Ken sent me.”
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • marxskimarxski Frets: 256
    Holy grail.