Update! How different is a PRS 594 to a Gibson Les Paul?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• dcgdcg Frets: 236
    Like all PRS guitars (and I've owned - I think - 10 over the years), the 594 is immaculately made and sounds very good.  However, I now know I'll never own another - my 2016 R8 VOS and 2019 R4 VOS (for me) just have a better feel, and an intangible vibe I never experienced with the PRSs.  And I would endorse the view expressed earlier in the thread that the DGT gets closer to the Les Paul; my first year gold top with moons was a truly great instrument...
    Re the Murphy Lab thing, some of them are very light it's true, but I personally would find a nice R8 VOS.  You will never regret it; there's a reason a good Les Paul is still top of the guitar heap.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4951
    @mrleon83 , have you managed to make the sums work? Are we looking at a new guitar day soon?!

Bless you, it's a tough place to be, I hope you find what you're looking for soon :)

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 208
    @Boromedic alas not yet, the Gibson garage one relies upon an inheritance that looks to be coming in… but it also relies on me being able to drop that much cash on a guitar 

Still looking at cheaper alternatives, I think an aged Eastman may get me very close (after having a really quick pick up and play… the traditionalist in me feels funny about the made in china thing but I know logically that’s a stupid reservation to have …

either way it’s going to be more expensive than my gig wagon (09 Honda civic ) :-) 

Yeah, the Eastmans with the aged nitro seem decent, I've not played one in anger but the finish seemed "aged" for want of a better word! It's not for me, but they looked good quality.

Perhaps a Maybach might be the better choice if the aged thing is a need to have though? You can even spec them for £2.5-3k, Cordy loves his. 

So I’ve gone for a Eastman sb59, picked it up second for a decent price… so far so good , nice light weight not plugged in yet pics to follow, also bought an old classic player Strat! Guitar safari ! 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Great score, will look forward to the NGD :)

• duotoneduotone Frets: 1012
    mrleon83 said:
    So I’ve gone for a Eastman sb59, picked it up second for a decent price… so far so good , nice light weight not plugged in yet pics to follow, also bought an old classic player Strat! Guitar safari ! 
    I was impressed when watching The Guitaristas: Eastman SB59 review. Looks like a seriously great guitar.

Enjoy!

The Guitaristas YouTube review:
    https://youtu.be/8czXnLa-3FY?feature=shared
    Yeah I saw, then went a rabbit hole Pauly Hennings Review is what did as he can be brutal… so I’m going to enjoy this for a bit and see if I still ‘need’ a heavy Murphy aged :-) 
  • YourArsenal87YourArsenal87 Frets: 301
    mrleon83 said:
    Did you go for the aged version or the standard? Really great, and often light, guitars.
    @YourArsenal87 alas only the standard version.. but if I get on ok with this one I might hunt an aged one down :-)