SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Morgan RCA35 Head now £950

marczwetslootmarczwetsloot Frets: 41
edited May 15 in Amps £
Up for sale is a lovely Morgan RCA35 head. 

Probably one of my favourite amps in existence, I’ve had three Morgan RCA35 amps over time. and have been using two together for a few years now. My bandmate also runs an RCA35, they’re just great. Decided to swap one out for a different model of Morgan for a change, so looking to move this one on. 

I’ve been using these for everything from bleak post-hardcore to super clean finger-picked music. 

For anyone that doesn’t know, here’s a short description: 

The Morgan RCA35 was designed around a special output transformer that is equally happy with 6L6s or 6V6s or EL34s or KT66s or KT77s or 6CA7s. The RCA35's unique design allows any of these tubes to be swapped in. Simply choose a matched pair and just plug and play. The Cathode Bias design allows you to swap power tubes without the need for rebiasing.

To me, this amp is sort of mash of a blackface era Fender, with that mid-forward chimney nature of a Vox. 

35 watts 
6l6 loaded 
Bright switch 
Mercury Transformers etc 
“Twilight” finish, which has a few nicks and a bit worn on the corners. 

Pickup in Newhaven, Edinburgh preferred, or I’m travelling down to Peterborough the end of this week. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• marczwetslootmarczwetsloot Frets: 41
    Looking to get rid relatively quick, so open to offers! 

£950
  • marczwetslootmarczwetsloot Frets: 41
    Bump for this amazing amp. Genuinely, the best circuit Morgan make, in my opinion.