SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Rhythm Guitarist looking for a band or other musicians to form a band.

AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
edited November 2014 in Personnel
After a 2 year break from playing live i would like to return to the stage.

I have told the associated people i work with / for that i will now only be available for work on Tue/Wed/Thur which leaves me free to concentrate on music from Friday to Monday every week. 

The few who have met me here will (hopefully) attest to me being an easy going, respectful person who doesn't let people down. 
I have been playing since 1980 however life has got in the way of this many times and i wouldn't rate my playing as brilliant, although the more practice i am getting now the better things are getting again - when i play every day i can maintain a decent standard of playing and my rhythm and timing are reliable enough for a band to depend on. Before i stopped playing last time i was considered to be "Quite Good" at what i did by those who watched me play regularly, despite me never really agreeing with them. My technical knowledge of music theory is non existent, i learned by sight and by ear and when i need to learn something complicated, i will either use tab or get shown how to play it and commit it to memory. I have an almost photographic memory so this has always been my way of learning and with regular practice, rarely lets me down.
I'm 42 years old (Which means i can get away with double-denim and boots), ex-smoker, like a drink and these days i'm clean of any drugs.

I have a couple of decent guitars, a Telecaster and a Gretsch Jet Club, which give me all the sounds and variation i need to do what i do and i now have a Fender Blues Junior III and a minimalist pedalboard which will serve me well enough for any gig and gives me the sound i need. I have a car and know how to read a map and use a telephone so the rigours of getting to rehearsals and gigs aren't too much a problem for me.

The music i listen to and what i can actually play are wildly different but my 'Sound' would be something like..........
Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, Blackberry Smoke, Lynard Skynard, Rival Sons, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Dr Feelgood...........
That is by no means to say i can play any of that as good as the original artists but that would be some of the kind of sounds i aim for, the kind of style i play in and a lot of it is what i would probably try to play on stage. I have a massive range of music that i like and there is a lot i havn't mentioned here that i would enjoy playing as well.
I am in no way shape or fashion a lead guitarist, despite always wanting to be. My fingers turn to superglue as soon as i stop playing chords / fills so i am not going into this trying to make out i can do that. I make a minor pentatonic scale look like hard work and then my brain goes into lock-down and can't even find it's way out of the crap i'm playing - you just don't want me playing lead. I would like to change that at some point in the future but for now i'm not going to pretend i can do it when i clearly can't.
I was a vocalist until a sinus infection got hold of me and while i still retain a small ability for this, i am no longer in any shape to sing on a regular basis, however i would probably enjoy a small amount of backing vocals if my health will allow me to.

I am based near Bedford and i don't mind travelling as far North as Northamptonshire, South to London, West to Buckinghamshire and East to Cambridgshire, especially if it means getting together with the right musicians.

Thanks for reading this and if you think i can be of any use to your band or you would like to put one together, please get in touch.

Andy
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom