SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB : fender jazzmaster!

What's Hot
razorblade_beatrazorblade_beat Frets: 55
edited September 2013 in Guitars £
Well looks like I'm late to the party from music radar! Anyway looking for fender jazzmaster in any condition made in USA or Japan. Would like black, white or cream...open to other interesting colours not candy apple red or sunburst though. Let me know what you got!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Come on people offer your jazzmasters up so I can pick up the ones razorblade doesn't want :-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Don't know if it's what ur after but I recently had my j mascis squier up for sale, I did withdraw it as the guitar I had in mind has gone but i could move it on if ur interested
  • The J Mascis Squier is very good. I love mine to bits, and it covers a fair bit of ground too. 
  • Thanks for the offer mate but not after squier.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Don't be put off by the Squier name on the headstock. The Mascis JM is a quality instrument. I'd take mine over a regular Japanese JM anytime.
  • dogload said:
    Don't be put off by the Squier name on the headstock. The Mascis JM is a quality instrument. I'd take mine over a regular Japanese JM anytime.
    The squier models are very good (both the mascis and the VM), but take them over a Jap model? Nah.
    The mij do suffer from bad pups (these can be changed) but spec wise, matching headstocks, radius, blocks and binding etc, alder wood, better tuners, better trem unit, more colour options etc

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    edited September 2013
    dogload said:
    The squier models are very good (both the mascis and the VM), but take them over a Jap model? Nah.
    The mij do suffer from bad pups (these can be changed) but spec wise, matching headstocks, radius, blocks and binding etc, alder wood, better tuners, better trem unit, more colour options etc

Well I guess if you're looking for the correct feel and more traditional sound of a Jazzmaster, you probably don't need the Mascis! 
  • dogload said:

I think that's a bit unfair.

It's like you took every feature from every jazzmaster Japan has produced!

The Squier J Mascis has some pretty cool, non standard features. Jumbo frets, tune-o-matic bridge. Also the radius is 9.5.

I own the MIJ version of the J Mascis, so have a foot in both camps. 
    :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The Squier J Mascis is great. I've got one and it's a lovely guitar. My friend has the Squier and a MIJ Jazzmaster from 1993 and he preferred the Squier until he got some super new pickups for the MIJ. He said that he thought that the finish was better on the body of the MIJ which was still pristine after 20 years of regular use and emigrating to Finland. We were both admiring the Candy Apple Red finish when I was over there in February when his Stylophone fell off the shelf and chipped the f**k out of it!
    Link to my trading feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Reason enough not to own a Stylophone.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Can't really help here but I would say be patient; it will be worth it eventually.

I've wanted a Jazzmaster for ages and finally got a sunburst with b+b this weekend. It completely surpassed my expectations - it's a brilliant guitar, definitely worth the wait.

Good luck! 
  • SkinDog said:
    Can't really help here but I would say be patient; it will be worth it eventually.

I've wanted a Jazzmaster for ages and finally got a sunburst with b+b this weekend. It completely surpassed my expectations - it's a brilliant guitar, definitely worth the wait.

Good luck! 
    By any chance was it from GuitarGuitar?
  • SkinDog said:
    Can't really help here but I would say be patient; it will be worth it eventually.

Good luck! 
    By any chance was it from GuitarGuitar?
    I had my eye on that too!!!!!
  • SkinDog said:
    I've wanted a Jazzmaster for ages and finally got a sunburst with b+b this weekend.  
    b+b? 
  • GuitarMonkey;47010" said:
    SkinDog said:

I've wanted a Jazzmaster for ages and finally got a sunburst with b+b this weekend.  

b+b? 
    Blocks and binding. This one was mine for a while. Mastery bridge, Staytrem, mojo pick ups. Another one I wish I'd kept hold of....
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o605/banjo74/CDFBA0D3-6FC6-4939-BAFA-414DA0CEE7F1-2832-0000035C1DC6D2E5_zps4e0c3bea.jpg
  • SkinDog said:
    b+b? 
    Block and binding. (on the neck)