0845 calls from Future Publishing

ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
I'm getting calls from 0845 2863174, usually one or two a day, which as with all such numbers I either ignore or reject. A quick Google search suggests it's our old friends at Future Publishing, presumably trying to get me to renew my subscription to either Guitarist or the Mac magazine I had before that.

Even if I'd been thinking about it before (I wasn't), I'm definitely not now.

Anyone else getting them?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Had them, which lead to 3 issues for £5 as I am a sucker/ was going to buy them anyway.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Yes - tell them you have a sub to the online version. They can't check [different system] but they'll mark you as a subscriber and leave you alone. That's what I did and I haven't had any more calls.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • jimmydjimmyd Frets: 60
    "Hello? Pls? Mr ICBM? Y u go to dat new forum? Y u no keep on de old music radar forum?? Pls y u do dis??"
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Anytime I get called by companies asking for subscription I usually say 'I'm sorry but I don't think a yearly subscription will do me any good as I've been diagnosed with terminal cancer and won't get through the winter'.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24267
    Tell them you'll sign up when the MR forum is back.

And then when it comes back.... don't join it.