SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FLOG ME A STRAT......Sorted

What's Hot
normskinormskinormskinormski Frets: 31
edited October 2013 in Guitars £
Hi all.
Been given permission by the wife to go out and buy myself a Strat (Not Super Strat).
Doesn't have to be a Fender.
I have about £400 to spend. This should include a hard case and delivery.
I don't really like big necks and prefer a maple finger board.
Had the chance of an ex display Godin Progression for that price but when I phoned the shop, it was already sold. Even now it's still advertised!!!  http://www.jgwindows.com/products/GODIPGRSNW.html
I'm in the Durham area but find myself all over the place as I'm a long distance lorry driver.

Please don't offer me your fret worn, wobbly tunered relics or basket cases :)
It's a bit of a feeler really as I'm off to the shops on Saturday to try a few out but to be honest I'd rather buy used due to the crazy prices out there.

Anyway. What have you lot got to offer.

Cheers Normski :))
I love my baby cos she does good sculptures!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Good guy to deal with folks.

Loving the Tokai LP I bought from you, you really do need to get a Strat sorted, a man without a guitar is like....

Good luck with your quest.  
    :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I have one of these - it's totally unplayed and still has the tags on it .. there's a soft padded Fender case. It's black with a maple board and aged parts. I can get an actual picture if you're interested.

Fender website >>

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Cheers for the compliment Chris. 10 month without an electric guitar! Frightening isn't it?

@Fretwired.
    Let me have a think on this mate. I've tried a few classic series and wasn't really wowed by them. In fact there's only ever been one Mexi Strat that I've ever REALLY loved and that was a "200 quid jobby which I sold on th "old" forum.
    PM me a what sort of money you're looking for and I'll consider it.
  • http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=fender+pawn+shop+51&LH_PrefLoc=1

I can wholeheartedly recommend a pawn shop 51 if you are after something strat shaped. They are going for sickeningly cheap on ebay given that these are made in japan. I picked up one last year for £280 and they've got even cheaper in the meantime. A superior guitar to my still very nice 60th anniv. strat, I guess people just don't like the scratchplate.
  • Get yourself a Squier CV50s Strat - nice medium C necks (some are slimmer than others), great alnico pickups (Tonerider Surfaris basically), alder bodies, great build quality, ~£200 used. 

That gives you £200 for new electronics, a better trem, and locking tuners (if you like them, the stock ones are decent kluson types).
  • normskinormskinormskinormski Frets: 31
    edited October 2013
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=fender+pawn+shop+51&LH_PrefLoc=1

I can wholeheartedly recommend a pawn shop 51 if you are after something strat shaped. They are going for sickeningly cheap on ebay given that these are made in japan. I picked up one last year for £280 and they've got even cheaper in the meantime. A superior guitar to my still very nice 60th anniv. strat, I guess people just don't like the scratchplate.
    They are kind of ugly but not impossible to live with. I may just delve a little deeper.
    Get yourself a Squier CV50s Strat - nice medium C necks (some are slimmer than others), great alnico pickups (Tonerider Surfaris basically), alder bodies, great build quality, ~£200 used. 

That gives you £200 for new electronics, a better trem, and locking tuners (if you like them, the stock ones are decent kluson types).
    My mate has just bought a CV60s Tele and absolutely swears by it but since owning a Lite Ash Tele a while back it's completly ruined my love for them as it was a complete, beautiful looking plank. That's probably why I'm looking for a Strat. 
    I'll give the Strat a try.
  • MtBMtB Frets: 921
    edited October 2013
  • Got me a lovely CV50s strat. Thanks all :)
  • normskinormskinormskinormski Frets: 31
    edited October 2013
    Duplicate post..... bloody phone