Anyone else scammed by J Collingridge, photographer AKA Lexerr emerger jridge scalded_ape

What's Hot

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111
    edited February 2015
    TTony said:
    Indeed.

It's probably appropriate for anyone who's not received goods to raise a money claim against J Collingridge.  You might also draw his attention to the incomplete deals via his Twitter account and Facebook page.

I can't see his photography website.  Depending on how he's registered that, you might also find a home address quite easily.

[edit]
    Just checked the registrant address for the website - it appears to be registered to his home address in Chesham, Bucks.  Think that should be sufficient to raise a money claim against him.
    His full name is Jonathan Collingridge. Nice of him to put it as a metatag in his photography website source code. A simple 'page source' will reveal it :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27453
    edited February 2015
    Details from the British Institute of Professional Photographers (where he's a member), are the same as the registrant address for his website;

[admin edit - personal details as published on BIPP site, removed]

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fuckin hell. This sounds seriously shady.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598

Doesn't this constitute fraud? If that is the case, wouldn't the authorities be interested?

By the way, another ^:)^ to @Heartfeltdawn - good work fella!

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I fucking hate scumbags like this. Does the mobile number plastered all over his website tie up with any numbers that his targets here have? Cos it's probably an important number for him, and maybe one that can be contacted. Lots.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    edited February 2015
    A simple "Who Is" search reveals the same for the website registrant.
    edit: just read the previous posts made while I was researching, maybe I am late to the party with this tit-bit, doh

However, do you have a way to corroborate the link to the user IDs used here @TTony ?

Excellent photography BTW.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    Ironically he originally comes from about 10 miles up the road from me in Meltham!!

Found out quite a bit about him. How good is the internet eh!
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27453
    However, do you have a way to corroborate the link to the user IDs used here @TTony ?
    The work done by @Heartfeltdawn.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2015
    ellangus, can I also suggest adding the other user names to the title, and OP, so that anyone recognising a dodgy trade with any of them can hone in on this thread, as with the banned IDs, this is the only current point of contact for this issue.

Quoted from TTony's post above:

" From what I can see, it looks like the following user IDs are affected;

emerger
    jridge
    kittybasket
    lexerr
    scalded_ape
    mitchellrob  "

Beexter said:

Doesn't this constitute fraud? If that is the case, wouldn't the authorities be interested?

By the way, another ^:)^ to @Heartfeltdawn - good work fella!

My thoughts exactly
  • TTony said:
    The work done by @Heartfeltdawn.
    I was thinking more of IP / ISP type stuff ?

Any corroboration through other members dealings on here with contact info would help in that regard too.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellangus said:
    Ironically he originally comes from about 10 miles up the road from me in Meltham!!

Found out quite a bit about him. How good is the internet eh!
    Too good, isn't that right, Sharon... I mean Angus? :)

• 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2015
    @rlw + @robwright ~ did you get involved ?
    why do the @ notifications decide to be so obstinate sometimes ?

@smudge_lad did you have dealings with jridge ?

It looks like the same pedal too, Keeley* DS-1

I think we should blame* @viz for all this, after all he is the king of Keeley  !    ;)
    without him I would never have succumbed to GAS's subtle (!) temptations

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Well done for being quick to alert us. Sorry for the guys who got stung. :(
  • Wowzers....so actual con merchant not just lazy arsed/broke musician as usual. Great detective work here once again. You guys scare me sometimes ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Just sent an email to Paypal to see if anything can be done.

May be worth others doing the same.

They might possibly freeze his account, don't know, but it's worth a shot

I'm going to speak to the Police next if nothing gets resolved.