Anyone else scammed by J Collingridge, photographer AKA Lexerr emerger jridge scalded_ape

What's Hot

Comments

• ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    Wowzers....so actual con merchant not just lazy arsed/broke musician as usual. Great detective work here once again. You guys scare me sometimes ;-)
    Ta.

Loving the Ditto by the way, Thanks (now there was a great transaction)
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FazerFazer Frets: 467
    i think you should speak to the police anyway, regardless, given how widespread and the length of time he appears to have been doing this across multiple forums and god knows where else, and all effort involved here with all the IDs

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    edited February 2015
    Sounds like he's a serial fraudster or complete tool . 

Might be worth reporting him to action fraud ... The police department that deals with Internet scammers and fraudsters?

Hope it all gets sorted.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27452
    sticker said:
    Might be worth reporting him to action fraud ... The police department that deals with Internet scammers and fraudsters?

Looks like that is quite easy to do - you'd hope that something would come of it if everyone affected here reported him.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @ChrisMusic - only a couple of PM's about the DS-1 but he told me it had already been sold, so that was all really guys
  • What a dikwaddy fuknut . in truth if it was my pedal I'd be on his doorstep. All 6 ft 6 of me.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24249
    FFS.

All affected people - get onto Money Claims Online and make the claim.

He'll get all the Court claim forms land on his doormat. If he ignores them then each of you can send in the bailiffs - the bailiff fees will be added to his debt.

And his ability to get credit / mortgage etc will be fucked for a long time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    I think I'll follow him on twitter for a while... might be interesting.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    edited February 2015
    That is the way to do it. Act as a team and hit him like a ton of bricks the cheeky cunt these fook** low life's disgust me living off other people's hard earned cash thinking they can free load their way through life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    The photography's pretty good though
    Stop crying, start buying
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
    I was just thinking earlier about buying the pitch black he is advertising. Glad I didnt. I hope all those who have been stung get sorted.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    what a kont!

Moss;526181" said:
    The photography's pretty good though
    Yep, his photography's excellent, looks like a very accomplished professional award winning photographer with what looks like some pretty high profile clients. That's what surprises me that he'd do such shitty things.

I think his client base wouldn't want to be associated with a fraud!
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    That's assuming that his awards aren't bullshit too, dude obviously has no scruples.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    You're right, but his photographic credentials look legit
  • ChéChé Frets: 304
    Can we disuade people from posting in the classifieds without a couple of frets to their account?
    It seems if some-one signs up to this forum and immediately begins posting classified ads it could be a course for a concern. I completely believe it's the minority spoling it for the majority but places like Basschat actually make you pay to post ads so it's not totally out of order to do so. Not something I'm suggesting as it deters regulars as well as potential fraudsters but this sort of thing really grinds my gears and I'd like to do something more to prevent it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27452
    Ché said:
    Can we disuade people from posting in the classifieds without a couple of frets to their account?

We've considered various options - none of which were particularly foolproof, nor difficult to circumvent.

It's always "buyer beware".  If the seller isn't known to you (or theFB generally), don't use PP Gift.  Use the paid-for PP service which should give you some protection if you don't get your stuff.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Ché;526210" said:

It seems if some-one signs up to this forum and immediately begins posting classified ads it could be a course for a concern. I completely believe it's the minority spoling it for the majority but places like Basschat actually make you pay to post ads so it's not totally out of order to do so. Not something I'm suggesting as it deters regulars as well as potential fraudsters but this sort of thing really grinds my gears and I'd like to do something more to prevent it.
    I still say it's easier to only buy or sell to someone with a decent post history. I will not buy anything from a newb with only 10 posts which are all in the classifieds.
  • ellangus said:
    You're right, but his photographic credentials look legit
    Not as legit as the mugshot he deserves. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    That only means that someone creates a second account from another location/ip address that gives out a couple of lols to the selling account. 

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread