Anyone else scammed by J Collingridge, photographer AKA Lexerr emerger jridge scalded_ape

What's Hot

Comments

• JookyChap said:
    And to echo ChrisMusic above, we have thousands of deals done on here with no bother (and that is just the ones involving me) so just keep your peepers open and you won't go too far wrong. 
    I'm genuinely shocked your deals tally is still only in the thousands.

Says Mr Kettle :D

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24265
    So, who has reported him to plod yet? Or started a claim?

Or even better, both.

This is where the pro in me tells you lot to get on with it or stop moaning about it.

If he is a photographer, just think how fast your money will come back when the bailiffs threaten to take his kit.

GET ON WITH IT!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    OK guys how do we best do this?
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Think it is time to hit that fraud site thingy - we can still whinge afterwards ;)

JookyChap said:
    And to echo ChrisMusic above, we have thousands of deals done on here with no bother (and that is just the ones involving me) so just keep your peepers open and you won't go too far wrong. 
    I'm genuinely shocked your deals tally is still only in the thousands.

Says Mr Kettle :D
    Well, I had a few months off last year :)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm filling in the form now
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
    Me too - can't remember my hobbies..

Edit: Oh, yes, that form

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Form filled - phew!!
    Ditto :)

• Good luck guys, hope you get your money back and that the low life gets his comeuppance.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1205
    This is an argument for at least some controlled delay between signing up and being able to post an ad in the classifieds. I'm not interested in the people who join only to sell. It's not hard to interact with the board. However, sticking to the regular/familiar posters, is a good rule.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MD said:
    Ché;526210" said:
    Can we disuade people from posting in the classifieds without a couple of frets to their account?

It seems if some-one signs up to this forum and immediately begins posting classified ads it could be a course for a concern. I completely believe it's the minority spoling it for the majority but places like Basschat actually make you pay to post ads so it's not totally out of order to do so. Not something I'm suggesting as it deters regulars as well as potential fraudsters but this sort of thing really grinds my gears and I'd like to do something more to prevent it.
    I still say it's easier to only buy or sell to someone with a decent post history. I will not buy anything from a newb with only 10 posts which are all in the classifieds.
    whilst I agree in principle I have had successful deals for a few hundred quid with some people with real low fret ratings.
    I guess its like all walks of life. Most people are honest and reasonable and some are bastards.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Adam_MD said:
    Ché;526210" said:
    Can we disuade people from posting in the classifieds without a couple of frets to their account?

It seems if some-one signs up to this forum and immediately begins posting classified ads it could be a course for a concern. I completely believe it's the minority spoling it for the majority but places like Basschat actually make you pay to post ads so it's not totally out of order to do so. Not something I'm suggesting as it deters regulars as well as potential fraudsters but this sort of thing really grinds my gears and I'd like to do something more to prevent it.
    I still say it's easier to only buy or sell to someone with a decent post history. I will not buy anything from a newb with only 10 posts which are all in the classifieds.
    whilst I agree in principle I have had successful deals for a few hundred quid with some people with real low fret ratings.
    I guess its like all walks of life. Most people are honest and reasonable and some are bastards.
    Agreed, I've made a lot of friends (of a sort ;) ) on here by blind faith alone. If we're talking %ges with problems it is seriously miniscule, just a shame this chap seems to account for most of them in recent times

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2015
    Well done guys, 

Thanks for all the support and all the invaluable info, Diamonds, the lot of you (Well, Most of you ;-))
    Just messaged @iain_psb and @SnazzyGeezer about this as I see they paid and didn't receive either.
    :(

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3900
    Not again. This is all the more serious than anything encountered previously though eh gents? Good luck with your claims.
    To the offender: If you're reading this, I hate you. You fucking cunt.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow, you should make all new members read this thread before being allowed to make their first post...

Before you sign up here, be aware, we can find out EVERYTHING.... 

Good work and I hope this one gets solved in some kind of satisfactory way to for those affected!
  • xtroublextrouble Frets: 84
    edited February 2015
    What a shithead.  Surely some people must have gone down trading standards/small claims court/burly friends with baseball bats routes by now, as he seems to have been doing this for years.

Feel for all your ripped off members, hope you get your money back 

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    When I started on this forum I made several purchases before advertising anything for sale. That way, there would be several forum members who "knew where I lived" and that would give confidence in any potential buyers. So what about a rule that newbies must make 2 purchases through the forum before they can place an ad in the Classifieds? Just a thought...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom