Pictures of you live

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72297
    edited October 2013

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM, the white Mustang in the top pic is exactly the same as the one I had, a 1968.  Same color pick guard and all.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72297
    edited October 2013
    ICBM, the white Mustang in the top pic is exactly the same as the one I had, a 1968.  Same color pick guard and all.

It's actually a '64 Duo-Sonic badly refinished in VW Beetle off-white :). It was white originally but when I got it, it had been even more badly done in metallic grey.

IanSavage said:
    Who's the pretty lady with the Dano? :p 
    Bonnie Riley, last seen in New Zealand...

There are many things I miss in these pics ;).

I really should never have sold that Jaguar :(.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    edited October 2013

Here's a couple from last Friday, playing at the venue the Birmingham meet-up was going to be at.

I was playing my ac30 off to the side, but stood in front of the headline band's Marshall stack to look cool.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    ICBM, the white Mustang in the top pic is exactly the same as the one I had, a 1968.  Same color pick guard and all.

It's actually a '64 Duo-Sonic badly refinished in VW Beetle off-white :). It was white originally but when I got it, it had been even more badly done in metallic grey.

I didn't know duo sonics were so similar, looks like the same body but now that I look closer and I can see the bridge/tailpeice is different.  That's what I learned today.

I really should never have sold that Jaguar :(.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• Here's me (guy on the left) from a gig on Saturday in Bradford.  We were waiting (hiding) in a tent for the go signal and just before we were set to parade round the town square it started pissing it down and predictably the crowd left.  We were due to play a set inside directly after playing outside so we still had to go out in the rain to get to set number 2.  Power walking while playing, I felt sorry for our girls they got drenched.

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    edited October 2013

Me on my maiden voyage (on the right)

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo168/gusman2x/Guitars/Draco_zpsd0c6bcc0.jpg

Can someone fix this for me. God damn thing works, then it doesn't, then it does etc......
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    guitarfishbay;62342" said:
    Here's me (guy on the left) from a gig on Saturday in Bradford.  We were waiting (hiding) in a tent for the go signal and just before we were set to parade round the town square it started pissing it down and predictably the crowd left.  We were due to play a set inside directly after playing outside so we still had to go out in the rain to get to set number 2.  Power walking while playing, I felt sorry for our girls they got drenched.
    Dude that is awesome but you guys need to glam up your outfits a bit, stage tech none more black ain't cutting it.
    :D

Embrace the campness you know it makes sense.
    ;)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    IanSavage said:
    Who's the pretty lady with the Dano? :p 
    that is ICBM. Working with valves can have some quite disturbing side effects.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurq said:
    guitarfishbay;62342" said:
    Here's me (guy on the left) from a gig on Saturday in Bradford.  We were waiting (hiding) in a tent for the go signal and just before we were set to parade round the town square it started pissing it down and predictably the crowd left.  We were due to play a set inside directly after playing outside so we still had to go out in the rain to get to set number 2.  Power walking while playing, I felt sorry for our girls they got drenched.
    Dude that is awesome but you guys need to glam up your outfits a bit, stage tech none more black ain't cutting it.
    :D

Embrace the campness you know it makes sense.
    ;)

Genuinely a fail on the part of our band leader, he packed the van quickly and picked up the wrong box, so the drummers had two choices of head gear but nothing to go on top.  This outfit should look have a yellow triangle for the drummers, that is me with the beard in the front row.  If the budget ever becomes available feathers are supposed to be added to these tops.

Our other flashy costume we have has capes (I'm on the right).

Most of the problem with an even flashier costume is how much it costs and how long it takes in man hours to make the costumes.  And how much the glue guns burn you when sticking down the feathers, lol.  Head gear + top piece is the cheapest thing to do for drummers that looks good and is fairly universal size-wise.  Plus nobody looks at us drummers anyway when the girls are in the full destaque costumes.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3068
    ^^ The guy next to you looks like he's going to smack the photographer...
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    edited October 2013
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited October 2013
  • pauladspaulads Frets: 495
    edited October 2013
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Clarky said:
    2nd from the left?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    edited October 2013
    How do you delete a post then...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10690
    edited May 2014
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.