The cricket thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited August 2019
    Stokes can't do this on his own. 102 to go, what a shame.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I've got my shoes off for Ben Stokes

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    Fuck.

That's probably it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Them ODI boys just can't help themselves...Woakes gone with the Urn in his pocket. It's over.

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494
    edited August 2019
    Stokes can't do this on his own. 102 to go, what a shame.
    The run out was his fault.  There was never a single there, and it was his call.  Jos Buttler's been out of form for a while, but I feel sorry for his dismissal there. 

Some very poor stats below, only 2 English players with averages above 40.  Buttler 55 runs at an average of 9.  Roy has been equally awful, 57 runs in total. 
    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/averages/batting_bowling_by_team.html?id=12492;team=1;type=series

Same thing for Australia as well, 
    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/averages/batting_bowling_by_team.html?id=12492;team=2;type=series

Bowlers fare well though. IMO, it could be said the bowling in the series has largely been very good but the batting has largely been very ordinary.

England's selection for the next test will be interesting to see whether they stick with the poorly performing batsmen or do they twist. 
    Archer!!!! Arse. 
    Too much bat swinging, no patience and too many runs required. I'm off to light the barbecue with a bottle of Merlot in hand. I will have a cry into some real ashes later.

Broad!!! Double arse. 
    Ton-up Stokes!!! 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    This is closer than I thought it would be.
    Bit too squeaky bum for my liking.
    What an incredible spectacle for entertainment?  

Aside from on the pitch, the crowd are adding a huge amount to the occasion.  

Edgbaston, Headingley, Old Trafford - proper test match grounds. 
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22115

Bowlers fare well though. IMO, it could be said the bowling in the series has largely been very good but the batting has largely been very ordinary.

England's selection for the next test will be interesting to see whether they stick with the poorly performing batsmen or do they twist. 
    It's been a series and a summer for seamers. Yesterday in the top division of the Surrey Championship only one side scored above 200 (it's all 50 over games at this stage). 

After all the stats work yesterday, this is pure non-stats brilliance. If we win this, then this outdoes '81 in my book. 

It's been a series and a summer for seamers. Yesterday in the top division of the Surrey Championship only one side scored above 200 (it's all 50 over games at this stage). 

After all the stats work yesterday, this is pure non-stats brilliance. If we win this, then this outdoes '81 in my book. 
    I feel dizzy, sick and nauseous.  

That was out for sure as well. 
    Fucking hell. Goodbye 1981, you're now second best. 

Best test match I have seen in my life. 
    Holy fuck!!!!!!

I may blub. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Arse.
    edited August 2019
    Best test match I have seen in my life. 
    I'm still Barbados 1999 for the outright best I've seen but today is really pushing it. 

Have Sky switched over to the T20 yet? dissapointed 

SPOTY and a knighthood.

That was astonishing. In terms of sustained drama that's up there with Athers and Jack Russell holding out against South Africa. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    Ben Stokes should be given a permission to punch anyone he wants to once per day for life. What an astonishing cricketer he is.