The cricket thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    Adil Rashid not singing the national anthem. Appalling. Are you not proud to be in that English shirt boy?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Good start from England with a lot of luck though! Roy was out with a nick on the glove but umpire didn't call it then hit a 6!

• SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    Very pleased with this start (there’s a jinx). It’s more Bangalore than Brummieland. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    I've seen worse starts to an innings... 
  • Adil Rashid not singing the national anthem. Appalling. Are you not proud to be in that English shirt boy?

who gives a shit?
  • Plenty of luck for young Jonny Bairstow early on so nice to see him cashing in on it now.   Great start but lots of work to do, you would be thinking 350 plus 
    That was a pretty good catch. Bugger. 
    edited June 2019
    Adil Rashid not singing the national anthem. Appalling. Are you not proud to be in that English shirt boy?

who gives a shit?
    I do, as do many people who are patriotic, proud and respectful of the long tradition of the game of cricket.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    India choking the runs, we need to break out and get the boundaries to get a 330+ score

Bumrah is annoyingly good. 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3491
    He probably doesn't know the words.  He's not supposed to be the sharpest tool in the box.  

I can't remember which player came out with his story, it might have Jos Buttler but a group of players went out for a steak in South Africa and when the waiter came to the table to ask how they would like their steaks, the players one by one said 'Rare' or 'Medium Rare', until Adil Rashid who when the waiter asked him how what kind of steak he would like simply answered 'Large'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3491
    Gassage said:
    Re Afghanistan- my mate is about to take over as Dir of Cricket for them (Andy Moles) and he said that there's a huge ego issue with Gulbadin and a few others.....I think it was arrogance not match fixing!
    I thought that as well.  The team dynamics on the pitch looked a bit off.  IMO, when Inzamam was around his huge ego seemed to offset the ones of the players.  

What many seem to overlook about the Afghan team is it will take time for them to learn about cricket, they've come a very long in an incredibly short time but will probably need a lot more time to learn some of more nuanced aspects of the game. 
    He probably doesn't know the words.  He's not supposed to be the sharpest tool in the box.  

I can't remember which player came out with his story, it might have Jos Buttler but a group of players went out for a steak in South Africa and when the waiter came to the table to ask how they would like their steaks, the players one by one said 'Rare' or 'Medium Rare', until Adil Rashid who when the waiter asked him how what kind of steak he would like simply answered 'Large'.
    LOL!

England look on today, nice early wicket taken from India.

Kohli digging in, here's where England need to show some imagination, get some variations going, round the wicket, give Root a couple of overs, try and mix it up.

Game over. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    Game over. 
    Which way? 
    scrumhalf said:
    Game over. 
    Which way?