The cricket thread

What's Hot

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    How bad do you reckon the collapse will be?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Bad.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Why was Buttler trying to turn that ball to the leg side.  I don't think he's a test batsman in English conditions.  Might be ok in places like India where it doesn't move much for the quick bowlers.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22107
    How many overs will Broad bowl tonight then? 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    England 4 down at the close, heavy roller overnight, Stokes/Bairstow/Ali to make hay tomorrow. Gives Broad/Woakes an extra half day to rest, England to lead by 150. Burns to carry his bat ending up on 180+

HA - that's the plan. More likely to be 6 down by the close. 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    edited August 2019
    Isa Guha on the Sky commentary... 3

Well done Rory Burns. He looks like a 1930s cad with that haircut and sticks his arse out when he bats but he does look like he has a nice firm arse so all good. Keep going lad, get them runs in.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14181
    tFB Trader
    Would be great to have a healthy 1st innings lead - Lyon looks to be a threat
  • shrinkwrapshrinkwrap Frets: 512
    Something about Lyon I just find annoying - even without the Gary.
    Something about Lyon I just find annoying - even without the Gary.
    The Aussie chatter picked up on the stump mics when “Garry” bowls is so annoying,

“Aaah well bowled Garry” 

No it wasn't he's 0-79 heading towards his century of runs leaked. I hope Garry gets some hand shakes when we finally smash him for 100-0. He's getting turn but Rory Burns has picked him and neutralised him.

Get through the first hour this morning and let's push onto 100+ lead hopefully.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14181
    edited August 2019 tFB Trader
    Great to see Burns get a ton - Most of us had him as a no no for the team - So let's hope he builds on this with renewed confidence

His haircut reminds me a bit of 'Arfer' in Peaky Blinders
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2410
    Burns has played a blinder here. I bet the Aussies wish they'd picked Mitchell Marsh now. They really do have no back-up bowling at all to give the seamers a rest. (Though I'm surprised Smith hasn't had an over or two.)
    No it wasn't he's 0-79 heading towards his century of runs leaked. I hope Garry gets some hand shakes when we finally smash him for 100-0. He's getting turn but Rory Burns has picked him and neutralised him.

Apart from that LBW decision that wasn't given when Burns was on 21. 

Scoring a debut century hasn't been a problem for many openers in recent years. Lyth did it, Sam Robson did, even Joe Root did before succumbing to failure at the top of the order. Compton and Jennings both had more than one... so the rush to say that England have sorted out the opening pair is somewhat premature to my mind. Burns's ton is only the start. If he doesn't push on, we're back to square one (or the likely talk of Sibley or Zak Crawley to come into the side). 

edited August 2019

Scoring a debut century hasn't been a problem for many openers in recent years. Lyth did it, Sam Robson did, even Joe Root did before succumbing to failure at the top of the order. Compton and Jennings both had more than one... so the rush to say that England have sorted out the opening pair is somewhat premature to my mind. Burns's ton is only the start. If he doesn't push on, we're back to square one (or the likely talk of Sibley or Zak Crawley to come into the side). 
    What a cheery soul you are  =)

edited August 2019
    Garry strikes! dammit.

Never fear...Moeen Ali strides out to bat with his 12 month batting average of a whopping 16... =)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2019
    ...and back to the pavilion Moeen goes. FFS when will they drop this clown? He just lifted his bat and watched it pass through and castle off stump, useless.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Steve Smith's calling the shots in the field and is directing Paine

What a cheery soul you are 

I'll stick to hyperbole about how Burns is now nailed on for the next three years then. 

Stuckfast said:
    Told you we were right to keep faith with Mo! Good knock from Siddle though.
    And now? :D

• shrinkwrapshrinkwrap Frets: 512
    Can I put my bails theory here?

I think they are failing to dislodge because even though they have the same weight, size and centre of gravity - the new bails are much heavier in the centre around the axis, due to the electronics and battery for the silly lights.
    That means they have a very different "moment of inertia" - (I'm pretty sure that's the right term - been a long time since A level physics). In effect the central mass pulls them back to the centre point.
    Surely they've had an engineer consult on this?
    I can't be right, can I?