Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    TimmyO said:
    sgosden said:
    Cabicular said:
    Cabicular said:
    Given that it has instrument and mic inputs, does the Helix have a vocoder / talkbox-type effect in it somewhere?
    'fraid not
    I wouldn't be surprised to see one in the future although how that would work with the Lt...

Good point.

Perhaps a Helix LT with a Boss VO-1 in one of the FX loops is the answer...
    Or just play 'Living on a prayer' without it ;)

Me and a friend have been working on a 'LOAP' patch,  I'd say we're half way there...
    Get in the sea!

lol 
    Maybe if Gina had worked on the Docks Tommy wouldn't had had to sell his guitar... just saying..
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2397
    Playing a gig tomorrow night with both my bands - first proper gig for one of them (we're just a three piece), and the other guitarist isn't there for my 'main' band, so we're going to do it also as a three piece.

I'm running the Helix into 2 Alto TS210s, and the bass players (both using the same cabs and amp) also have 2 cabs - so we're setting it up with one Alto and one bass cab either side of the drummer. Tried it in rehearsal, and by adding a touch of delay and reverb, the sound is HUGE!

Who needs a second guitarist anyway? ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    edited June 2017
    ^love the idea of a portable stereo setup like that! I'm in a 3pc and we recently recorded with stereo amp setup rather than double tracking and it sounded awesome! I'd love to have that all the time but I'm not prepared to carry 2 proper amps around everywhere haha 
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    edited June 2017
    Made myself an expression pedal to go with rack. Its made it even more usable, and means ive got more space for snapshots within a single preset! 

Instead of having 1 for crunch and 1 for crunch with phaser. 
    Ive now just got 1 for crunch, with the phaser always on but at 0%mix. Then if you step on the expression pedal you can control the phaser mix between 30-60% (subtle to stupid). Just gotta step on the snapshot again the turn it off. 
    Have done similar with a wah in my solo snap aswell. 
    Feeling well chuffed with myself. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28135
    Try setting the phaser depth to 0 and using the expression pedal to sweep it like a wah. Lovely.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosden said:
    running helix into a matrix power amp, what's the ups and downs of line vs instrument level into the power amp?
    Depends. What level is the Matrix expecting to receive?
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Any news of when the next firmware release is and what it might contain?
    Assignable LFOs and envelope generator? Oh pweeeeeease?
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    I must add a couple of expression pedals to my setup. Currently using just one mostly for wah (an SP1-L6H) but can see another one or two would be fun.
    edited June 2017
    Get a Source Audio Reflex. LFOs!

It's like it was made for the Helix. LFO anything. LFO EVERYTHING!
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    Sporky said:
    Get a Source Audio Reflex. LFOs!

It's like it was made for the Helix. LFO anything. LFO EVERYTHING!
    Ha! I did buy one of those, but returned it because it didn't have a separate toe switch that I wanted for use as a wah.

R.
    It's deja-lu all over again!

I remember now. Sorry. :s
  • 4-cable method, using Helix preamps instead of amp. Placed just after the fx loop. Not the result I was hoping for, fizzy and thin, low volume. Any tips?
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    What is placed just after the FX loop
    I take it you mean the amps loop?
    Are you an old hand with 4cm?
    ta
  • Don't know why I'm only just doing this now but placing the tape delay before an amp makes it sound like it should.... but of course it does duh

• Cabicular said:
    ta
    I put a Helix preamp just after the fx loop. Then bypassed the loop and activated the preamp...all 4CM wiring works as it should and the preamp works but just sounds very unnatural.
  • Cabicular said:
    ta
    I put a Helix preamp just after the fx loop. Then bypassed the loop and activated the preamp...all 4CM wiring works as it should and the preamp works but just sounds very unnatural.
    I think there may be a problem with your routing or possibly explaining it a little differently from what I'm used to hearing it explained as

Could you possibly just plug the Helix output into the amps effects return and your guitar into the Helix and use the Helix preamp this way just to see if it's giving you the same results and it isn't a problem with the way you have 4CM hooked up?
  • Cabicular said:
    ta
    I think there may be a problem with your routing or possibly explaining it a little differently from what I'm used to hearing it explained as

Could you possibly just plug the Helix output into the amps effects return and your guitar into the Helix and use the Helix preamp this way just to see if it's giving you the same results and it isn't a problem with the way you have 4CM hooked up?
    Good idea, I'll try that and report back...
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Can anyone recommend a good set of headphones for home use? Nothing too expensive. 
  • Si_ said:
    Can anyone recommend a good set of headphones for home use? Nothing too expensive. 
    Whatever you get, make sure they're high impedance (100-150 Ohm or higher?). Helix's headphone amp is designed to run high impedance studio cans loud enough to hear over drummers; consumer-level low impedance headphones can easily clip.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg