Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    @Drew_fx I doubt it would be a problem but best check. I need to find out more about the event myself since I'll probably be there demoing the new thing. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    @Drew_fx I doubt it would be a problem but best check. I need to find out more about the event myself since I'll probably be there demoing the new thing. 
    The sacred new thing!
    Drew_fx said:
    The sacred new thing!
    Indeed. Gig Saturday night so will likely only be there on the Sunday. 

Drew_fx said:
    The sacred new thing!
    Cool, me and Digiscream are planning to pop in on Sunday.
    Drew_fx said:
    Drew_fx said:
    The sacred new thing!
    Cool, me and Digiscream are planning to pop in on Sunday.
    Do it! 

Aye! See you there!
  • Drew_fx;753384" said:
    A lot of hate there
    With statements like this:

"I was going to mention the copy fractal stuff too, but I guess it's fair game in this world...I hope everyone really understands now why Cliff is so concerned about "reverse engineering" and hasn't jeopardized that for a few wishlist requests.."

.... I have to wonder...
    What sort of fucking Illuminati secret soggy biscuit club do these people think they're in?? All they did was SPEND MONEY. That's it! So entitled and arrogant.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    @Drew_fx lol at the new signature
    Stop crying, start buying
    Moss said:
    @Drew_fx lol at the new signature
    :)
  • Drew_fx;753384" said:
    Haha there are some hilarious things right there. Are these people serious?!
    Oh don't worry, once we all buy our Helix's... we're gonna be exactly the same. The modeller wars are about to go all Judgement Day :))
  • Drew_fx said:
    Oh don't worry, once we all buy our Helix's... we're gonna be exactly the same. The modeller wars are about to go all Judgement Day :))

Don't be stupid, modelling 4 amps at once means it has barely any resolution at all!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    The bloke claiming every sound, sounds like a metal zone is just moronic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah. I was saying earlier to Lee, even though none of the distortion sounds I've heard yet are really what I would be looking for... I can definitely hear a rise in quality over the HD500.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26451
    Drew_fx said:

Don't be stupid, modelling 4 amps at once means it has barely any resolution at all!
    That's the hilarious one. The AxeFX II does two amps at the same time...so using that (flawed) logic, it's clearly lower resolution than the AX8. Oops.

The thing about Line 6 reverse-engineering the Fractal gear is obviously true, though. Cliff was the first to bring amp modelling to the market.

Oh no, wait. That was Line 6.

Feckin' fanboys. Wastes of oxygen, the lot of them.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Drew_fx said:

That's the hilarious one. The AxeFX II does two amps at the same time...so using that (flawed) logic, it's clearly lower resolution than the AX8. Oops.

The thing about Line 6 reverse-engineering the Fractal gear is obviously true, though. Cliff was the first to bring amp modelling to the market.

Oh no, wait. That was Line 6.

Feckin' fanboys. Wastes of oxygen, the lot of them.
    Fanboy is really a word you should never use-the word sucks and the use of it. Because it is b**lsh**....sorry but that's the way I feel.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    Playing devils advocate, you can understand the defensiveness. They've spent thousands on a system, they want to believe it's the best, (it may well be?) the hell is a threat to that belief. And whilst they can defend the axe they will, mainly because they may not want to accept their purchase could be usurped by the new pretender to the crown. When it drops (the helix) there will be some that still won't want to accept it if it proves to be better.... Human psychology is a strange beast
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_fx;753435" said:
    monquixote said:

Yeah. I was saying earlier to Lee, even though none of the distortion sounds I've heard yet are really what I would be looking for... I can definitely hear a rise in quality over the HD500.
    Yeah there's definitely an improvement

I really liked my HD400 and 500. The tones just lacked a bit of oomph and they didn't feel like a real amp at all.

If the feel is there with the Helix i'll be seriously happy.