Cubase (cubasis) for iPad

Any users of the Cubase / Cubasis on iPad? What's it like and is it worth the £36 outlay? I tried the full version with my laptop but my machine was just not capable of running it. :(

Or is there any other recording / mixing apps that I should be looking at (ignoring GarageBand) 

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Anyone, anyone, anyone ...

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• I'm not here to answer your question, but to ask one. How do I connect my guitar to my iPad in order to play on GarageBand? Do I need a recording interface? Thanks
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited November 2013
    lol. Yes bud you need a thingy, iRig is the most common (£20 from amazon), but theres plenty of others. I'm going get this tascam one that has a preamp & phantom power to run my mics too

• AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 219
    I reckon it has the most user friendly DAW interface for Ipad. Great for sketching stuff out. Plus it has midi. But effects are naff. But I've moved onto Auria because it has better mixing and mastering tools. No midi here and nowhere as slick as cubasis.
  • Coolio. I'm liking it so far and it seems pretty easy too so that's all my boxes ticked. Though to be fair what I'm recording is far from complex so anything more advanced would be wasted on me lol. Agreed about the inbuilt FX being a bit naff, but I'm using my pedals through the cubasis amp sim. Not going to change the world or anything but enough for me.

Pedals? Not tried that. Good idea.

That jamup pro app as good for guitar tones. Heard of that one?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    AndyJP said:
    That jamup pro app as good for guitar tones. Heard of that one?
    That's my preferred iPad play-along, noodle, and recording tool.  Brilliant.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    edited December 2013
    I've gone back to Amplitube recently. It seems better than I'd remembered it, maybe one of the updates improved the tones. It's got a good add on called Studio. The interface is pretty damn slick looking too.
    Worth a nose I reckon.