Squier CV tele - neck replacement options

bigfuzzbigfuzz Frets: 45
Morning all, 

So I've owned a lovely CV tele for a few years now and I've always been 'coping' with the skinny neck profile. Now I've got a bit of time and spare cash to play with, I'd like to explore what neck replacement options I have?

I'm by no means an expert on this, so please have patience. From what I've read / been told over the years I understand the neck pocket / joint is crucial to finding a neck to replace the stock neck with. The problem is I have no idea how to check (without attempting to fit a neck) if a replacement neck will fit?

In terms of my preference, I've always favoured the profile on my japanese jazzmaster, I'm guessing that's a U/D profile? 

Anyway, I'm looking to spend roughly £100 on a 'plays like butter' (sigh) neck.. any ideas?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8053
    Also interested.  Free bump!
  • I'd see if you can get a decent second hand Warmoth neck. Or even stretching your budget and getting a new one!
  • bigfuzzbigfuzz Frets: 45
    I'd be looking to get something I can slot in without any extended work (I'd definitely make it a dogs dinner). Now would I be completely ridiculous in thinking of sticking another JM neck on the tele?
  • The neck on my old Japanese Jazzmaster had the same profile as my US Strat, so you could look at a Strat neck. However my CV Tele neck has a very similar profile to my Strat neck, so i'm not sure you be gaining much if you did.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • bigfuzzbigfuzz Frets: 45
    @johnnyseven - interesting to hear! after years of playing both, there's a definite lack of girth on the CV. The neck itself feels ok, I just wish it was a little chunkier!
  • Does your JM have a B&B neck? If not, maybe some are just chunkier than others.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/