Gigs in Edinburgh

What's Hot

Comments

• Thanks for the info. Are you using a DI yourself these days? I do have the DI out on my Blackstar - TBH I want to check what's out there and get the one that affects the tone the least so will check a bunch of reviews for different ones out at some point :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    If I'm going guitar into PA I use my Mesa V-Twin as a full amp substitute. Bass I just DI, either from the amp or pedalboard.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• chris45chris45 Frets: 221
    Also sorry I missed this will look out for other gigs
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I use the HK redbox
    it's not as good as a really well miced high quality guitar cab
    it is better than what you get at most venues though
    and less mics on stage the better IME
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    I take my Victory V30 and usually plug into the house 4x12 but have my 1x12 in the boot just in case!
    My sound is from my amp - not my pedals so it would throw me trying to use another head...

Here's Binkies backline - the Orange heads are decent

Dreadnought had Peavey VX heads and peavey 4x12 - good soundcheck and sound guy too
    edited October 2015
    Vaiai said:
    Here's Binkies backline - the Orange heads are decent
    That's out of date now. The current backline is: Marshall AVT150 head and Marshall 1960A cab; Orange CR120 head and Marshall AVT cab; Ampeg PF500 bass head and 4x10" cab. I think the drum kit is the same but I didn't look closely.

If there were two AVTs, one is gone. I'm not sure why they run the Orange through the AVT cab and the AVT through the 1960, but it seems to work well and may sound better than the other way round. Better than having two of the same (bad) amp, anyway! And probably the Ashdown died…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• OK muthaf***ers!! Lol....

My band is playing 10th November at Whistle Binkies, 10pm-10:40pm. 
    ICBM;835736" said:
    Vaiai said:

Here's Binkies backline - the Orange heads are decenthttp://www.whistlebinkies.com/play/

That's out of date now. The current backline is: Marshall AVT150 head and Marshall 1960A cab; Orange CR120 head and Marshall AVT cab; Ampeg PF500 bass head and 4x10" cab. I think the drum kit is the same but I didn't look closely.

If there were two AVTs, one is gone. I'm not sure why they run the Orange through the AVT cab and the AVT through the 1960, but it seems to work well and may sound better than the other way round. Better than having two of the same (bad) amp, anyway! And probably the Ashdown died…
    The Ashdown was fucking dreadful
    I'm glad it's dead... I would have killed it myself
    Cabicular said:
    The Ashdown was fucking dreadful
    I'm glad it's dead... I would have killed it myself
    I tried, but obviously not very hard given how easy it usually is. It annoyingly coped with fuzz and synth wah pedals without the smoke making an appearance, although the speakers did try to leave the cabinet when I put the deep switch on.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    I scouted out WhistleBinkies last night, will be coming to every gig I can!
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • I like Binkies :)
    Last venue in Edinburgh lol.... ;)
    I stopped playing it because we kept getting the midnight till 2:30 slot and I'm too old for that shit!
    I like Binkies :)
    Last venue in Edinburgh lol.... ;)

Certainly seems that way! it's pretty near my pub of choice too, Brewdog. 
     Although I am contemplating going to see Chappers/Dorje at Opium soon, I like his new track catalyst and he is a good player. 

'Awibble'
  • When's he playing Edinburgh? 
    I'm tempted to say "come along to our gig" as long as we're in top shape lol (10th Nov lol). 

I'm half-tempted to start an acoustic duo project doing acoustic rock - should get around the noise rules.
    When's he playing Edinburgh? 
    I'm tempted to say "come along to our gig" as long as we're in top shape lol (10th Nov lol). 

I'm half-tempted to start an acoustic duo project doing acoustic rock - should get around the noise rules.

If I am in edinburgh next weekend I'll be there! I think He's playing there 30th november
    'Awibble'
  • Cheers!
    Maybe I should listen to Chappers' stuff to see if I'd like it
    Played Binkies last night - 9.30-11.30 slot luckily :p Drunk students and a good fun atmosphere. Enjoyed it :)

@thomasross20 - I really like Dorje's music and Bea is a cracking player but I can't get on with Chappers' voice - New single is great tho
    Vaiai said:
    Played Binkies last night - 9.30-11.30 slot luckily :p Drunk students and a good fun atmosphere. Enjoyed it :)
    Sorry I missed it, I was still hung over after a Halloween party on Saturday and I had to get up early this morning :(.

Let us know when the next one is and I'll try to make it.

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    edited November 2015
    Cabicular;837065" said:
    I stopped playing it because we kept getting the midnight till 2:30 slot and I'm too old for that shit!
    Been there, done that. The 'mic in the face' slot - everyone is so wellied at that point they often end up dancing into the stage and launching the mic stands backwards.

Have seem some awesome sights though. The things people do when they're drunk!!!!