I was naughty this morning

What's Hot
I had eggy bacon & fried bread, cooked in lamb fat that I'd collected from the weekend's roast, instead of using rapeseed oil.

tbh I suspect the medics wouldn't like the idea of me having a fried breakfast anyway but ...

... it was SO much tastier using the animal fat!
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    That's disgraceful, Phil! Bacon fat is the choice of fry-up fat for connoiseurs!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bacon cooked in lamb fat tastes weird. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I love this kinda grub :D
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13564
    what is eggy bacon ?    I know of 'eggy bread'    but not the former
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • I had a bacon & hashbrown sandwich this morning. Eee it were grand.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited November 2013
    @bertie it's my mum's kid-speak from when I was young. simply means "egg and bacon"
    @chillidoggy yes, if you've a buildup in the frying pan, and natch you do the bacon first so that its fat will cook the eggs afterwards. But I couldn't put the bacon into a dry frying pan, and just the fat from 2 slices would not be enough for the eggs

EDIT

after you've fried half a slice of bread there's not much fat left for tomorrow anyway
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Mmmmmmnnnnnnn ......... sounds lovely!

I'm high cholesterol so I have to watch what I eat :(
    were you stoned afterwards?
  • @axisus cholesterol is a chemical invented by scientists who work for margerine companies to scare us off eating butter.

to paraphrase a signature I've seen around here before I switched on the ignore signatures feature:

if you eat only that which other people say is good for you, you won't live any longer, it will just feel like it
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13564
    only when he eats fish............................................. (I'll leave you to work that one out)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15476

oddly enuff, this is kinda what I'm having for lunch, but with the inclusion of blackpudding. And theh frying pan has a very healthy amount of bacon fat in it.

Tell what is nice, white fish fried in bacon fat, nom etc.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

No mate, thats Hashishbrowns

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• Granola, fruit and yoghurt for me. Kept me going well up until I stopped at Greggs for some pasties. nom.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• bertie said:
    only when he eats fish............................................. (I'll leave you to work that one out)
    Its been 30mins and I still don't get it, and somebody else has lol'd it. Please pat me on the head, say 'bless' and move me along.

• bertie said:
    Its been 30mins and I still don't get it, and somebody else has lol'd it. Please pat me on the head, say 'bless' and move me along.
    I don't either. @bertie's comments are often obscure
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15476
    I'm guessing it's a monty python reference, "all I said was this fish was good enough for Jehovah".

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• THAT would make some kind of sense
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    Ah black puddings!!!  Black puddings between two slices of white toast make one of the best sandwiches you can make.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• THAT would make some kind of sense
    Unless Bertie's fishmonger is also a drug dealer and does a special on Thursdays!
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • Rocker said:
    Ah black puddings!!!  Black puddings between two slices of white toast make one of the best sandwiches you can make.
    I beg to differ. The best sandwich you can make contains at least 2 slices of bacon, a fried egg, tomato and brown sauce plus salt & black pepper. Must be thickly buttered but the choice of bread is up to you.