Christmas Present for a bass player - DarkGlass?

What's Hot
andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
Right, I'll start off by saying I know absolutely nothing about bass/bass players, their rigs, what's good etc.

I am, however, wanting to get a friend of mine, who is a bass player, a Christmas gift. I know he's mentioned DarkGlass in the past, the B3K rings a bell.

Does anyone use DarkGlass stuff, and if so is it any good? I don't want to get him something that he'll throw in a drawer after he opens it!

Thanks!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23930
    Awesome thing. I've got 4 of their pedals at the mo. The B3K was a real game changer for bass drives.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    @fretmeister cheers, he is quite particular about his tone, but I'm still in a guitarist mentality that says radical tone changes have to be either a guitar or amp, the little boxes don't matter much!

He's just ordered two custom wound bass humbuckers from Aaron Armstrong and a John east preamp for his new bass he's making.

I'll see if my recent Thomann reviews get me any discount vouchers, they are quite reasonable from there.

• Check out the latest Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster album @Drew_fx produced - B3K all over the bass tracks for the drive sounds. Sounds great. http://bridgedisaster.co.uk
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    Check out the latest Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster album @Drew_fx produced - B3K all over the bass tracks for the drive sounds. Sounds great. http://bridgedisaster.co.uk

Cheers for that, the bass really growls on a few of the tracks I've listened to. Better one of these that the few bottles of whiskey I was planning on for much the same price!

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23930
    I've got the B7K, Vintage Microtubes Deluxe, the Duality Fuzz, and the Supersymmetry Compressor.

All brilliant. I sold my B3K to get the 7 as I wanted the EQ, but the newest 3 has another toggle option to cut the highs so that would have done the job! I had to tame a very bright bass.