Having a bath for the first time in years

What's Hot

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4132
    edited November 2013
    If you want to enjoy a bath (rather than just washing in one), then have a shower first.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10689
    hotpot said:
    Never had a shower in over 10 years, I have a red hot soak in a bath daily though.....Heaven.

you joined the forum to tell us that? Awesome! Have a wow.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24284
    hotpot said:
    Never had a shower in over 10 years, I have a red hot soak in a bath daily though.....Heaven.

Me too.  Though not usually daily.  I dislike showers.  Baths are more chilled out affairs.  They are less about the cleaning and more about time to unwind and relax.  Plus, you can have a nice glass of wine in the bath.

Well... not in the bath, but on the side.  ...and some candles.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Emp_Fab said:
    hotpot said:

Me too.  Though not usually daily.  I dislike showers.  Baths are more chilled out affairs.  They are less about the cleaning and more about time to unwind and relax.  Plus, you can have a nice glass of wine in the bath.

As the forum girl shouldn't I be saying this? ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • supessupes Frets: 181
    We paid a fortune for an en-suite shower about 6 years ago, because it would save us time getting ready in the morning. I've probably used it maybe 10 times, i much prefer getting up and starting the bath then getting another 10 mins sleep waiting for it to run. Plus showers are cold in the winter. Plus our shower has a leak, but because i dont want to use it i've never got around to sorting it.
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    viz said:
    hotpot said:

you joined the forum to tell us that? Awesome! Have a wow.

LOLOL it does sound weird when you put it like that.

• supes said:
    Plus showers are cold in the winter.
    You're doing it wrong. ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Nope, in a shower there's always a bit of you not getting hit with hot water, but with a bath as long as you aren't too fat or your baths not too small you can get most of you covered. Baths win every time in the cold. On holiday somewhere hot though, showers have their benefits.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Baths are boring. Just sitting there thinking is horrendous. I don't enjoy showers either. I hate getting wet, I wish they'd invent dry laser showers.
    My V key is broken
    "Wash me but dont get me wet" - used quite a bit in management speak at the minute. Sounds ideal for you Holnrew.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4909
    Emp_Fab said:
    hotpot said:

Works for me too, Emp (except the candles) - have a wisdom.

Cheers,
    Al.
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited November 2013
    ICBM said:
    lying in a slowly cooling pool of dirty soapy water with no easy means of rinsing it off
    Sounds like a line by E. L. James
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Myranda said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    hotpot said:

As the forum girl shouldn't I be saying this? ;)

I think you'll find you're the forums second girl, after Emp_Fab :-S

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    lying around in a soup of dirt, dead skin and poop residue......................no thanks
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    lying around in a soup of dirt, dead skin and poop residue......................no thanks
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • supes said:
    Nope, in a shower there's always a bit of you not getting hit with hot water, but with a bath as long as you aren't too fat or your baths not too small you can get most of you covered. Baths win every time in the cold. On holiday somewhere hot though, showers have their benefits.
    Just install another shower head or two! :D
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    bertie;92034" said:
    You can say that again!
    ;)
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24284
    Re the soup of dirt thing...  only if you're a minging git who has a bath once a week.  Or... one of those hygiene obsessives who covers up their toothbrush heads in case any microbes from the bog land on them.

We're supposed to have bacteria.  It's how we've managed to survive as a species.

As H.G. Wells put it at the end of War of the Worlds... “By the toll of a billion deaths man has bought his birthright of the earth, and it is his against all comers; it would still be his were the Martians ten times as mighty as they are. For neither do men live nor die in vain.” .

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just had my last bath. Roll on tomorrow when I have my inaugural piss in the the new shower.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details