Booze bargains for xmas

Post your links here to save us all a few quid or inspire a few hangovers with your Christmas Boozy Do recommendations. I'm just about to embark on a work-time google hunt for low priced high quality whiskey.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Always worth checking asda at this time o'year
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13564
    edited December 2013
    define "high quality"   knowing you that probably means  "made in the northern hemisphere"

I notice you've put an E in it,   do you really mean Irish and not Scotch ?
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Post your links here to save us all a few quid or inspire a few hangovers with your Christmas Boozy Do recommendations. I'm just about to embark on a work-time google hunt for low priced high quality whiskey.
    Aberlour (10 YO) is £20 quid at ASDA down from £32 at the moment. One of the better single malts!
  • Food and Drink show at the NEC - think it's this week/end. Based on past experience a massive amount of free samples of booze (albeit half a wine glass at a time)and you might find something you like (although exotic liqueurs tend to be abound rather than good whisky*).

* which my spell check wants to put an e in BTW.   
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • bertie said:
    define "high quality"   knowing you that probably means  "made in the northern hemisphere"

I notice you've put an E in it,   do you really mean Irish and not Scotch ?

To E or not to E, that is the question. Which ever way the yanks do it. Give me bourbon over a Irish / Scottish any day. Though to be fair I'll drink it anyways

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• Oh £30 max per bottle too

• Glenlivet 12yo is £20 in Waitrose, good drink for the money IMO.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    strumjoughlamps;96181" said:
    Glenlivet 12yo is £20 in Waitrose, good drink for the money IMO.
    Good drink full stop.

£35 down to £25 in Tesco. 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I think this is the one time of the year when us southern residents become less fussed about the north/south divide. I'm on the look out for some Jura Original, or Old Pulteney, two particular favourites, which were on special at Tesco a few weeks ago.

Old Pulteney is absolutely delicious!

£23.50 in Tesco at the weekend. 

In quiet circles I'll admit though that Yamazaki is one of my all time favourites.  Ssshhhh...... though yeah. 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5382
    edited December 2013
    Jack Daniels is £15 just now in Scotmid/Co-op.
    Baileys £9 in Asda.
  • I think this is the one time of the year when us southern residents become less fussed about the north/south divide. I'm on the look out for some Jura Original, or Old Pulteney, two particular favourites, which were on special at Tesco a few weeks ago.
    Jura is on offer at ASDA. Pretty good deal from what I remember as well... somewhere around the £25 mark.
  • Litre of Gordons in ASDA is currently £15. As is JD.

Southern Comfort black cherry is £16 (down from £22). Worth a try if you like Southern Comfort!