Dreams can be bloody irritating!

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
I had a dream last night and it was sooo real. I was at someone's house and I was buying a fantastic guitar off of them. It was some kind of Ibanez RG, a really old fantastically played in well weathered guitar. The colour was a dark, almost slightly glittery gun metal blue. I can't begin to describe how appealing it was, one of those instruments that looks and feels like perfection. I was literally just putting it in the boot of the car to leave and I woke up ........ It's a horribly depressing moment when it dawns on you that not only is it not your guitar, but that it doesn't even exist! Doh!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

But it does exist.........

You must've seen it, or something very similar, for it to appear in your dreams....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Dude that's a premonition that's good... I'll tell you what can be bloody and irritating - Piles. ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Had a dream last night that I was doing parkour through a park naked. I blame Frankus.
  • shame about your Farmer's, @frankus ...

I've had a lot of dreams about flooding recently. I'm just about to move from a house where my music room is in an upstairs bedroom, to a house where it will be on the ground floor. I do hope the dream is not significant
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    Drew_fx said:
    Had a dream last night that I was doing parkour through a park naked. I blame Frankus.
    You strayed off the path mate - can't blame me for that, those nice villagers in the pub said "stay on the path" and "don't go out on the moors" but you wouldn't listen...

I expect the ghoulish visitations will fill you in on the rest of your "dream" ;)
  • I had a dream the other night that I was smuggling heroin-filled eggs into ancient Rome with the Yorkshire Ripper, who had escaped from hospital in a gorilla costume and was now working as a transsexual go-go dancer called Bogota Blue.
    Use Your Brian
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I had a dream the other night that I was smuggling heroin-filled eggs into ancient Rome with the Yorkshire Ripper, who had escaped from hospital in a gorilla costume and was now working as a transsexual go-go dancer called Bogota Blue.
    I've read that book.

I've had a lot of dreams about flooding recently. I'm just about to move from a house where my music room is in an upstairs bedroom, to a house where it will be on the ground floor. I do hope the dream is not significant
    is that a wet dream?

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I had a dream that I found out me and my other half were related, I didn't like it.
    My V key is broken

is that a wet dream?
    you could say that, although I think I'm too old & past it for those! The other one I had a night or two ago was that after I'd walked 100 miles in my safety boots with no socks on the hard dry cracked skin condition that has plagued my hands for the last year & a bit spread to my feet. weird ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    interesting - have you tried cracked heel cream on your hands?
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13564
    mrs bert has the uncanny ability to remember, in detail, pretty much every dream she has (well, one a night)  and I get the pleasure of listening to it every morning........................ 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1667
    edited December 2013
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    The weird thing was, it really was a 'special' guitar, not just any old 'good' guitar. Actually, another weird thing is that I have never owned an RG, and nor do I want to - well, other than that one! I usually forget dreams within moments of waking up, but that one felt especially painful on waking!
    Stop eating cheese before bed....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• I sometimes dream that maybe the next leap will be the leap home.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrew said:
    I had a dream that I found out me and my other half were related, I didn't like it.

Bertie would have given you refuge.  It's quite normal down that way.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • On a similar note, 'In Dreams' by Roy O is a bloody fanstisc song, even without a chorus.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• mike_l said:

You must've seen it, or something very similar, for it to appear in your dreams....

Do you only dream about things you've already seen?
    mike_l said:

Do you only dream about things you've already seen?

Yep.