PSA: Aldi 7" Android Tablet - £80

Available on Sunday in some stores, Aldi are advertising a quad-core 7" tablet for £80. Yes, £80. It's got decent looking spec sheet, though not up there with the Nexus 7 etc.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/sunday-8th-december/product-detail/ps/p/178cm7-tablet-pc-medion-lifetab-e7316-md-98282/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17582
    tFB Trader
    I bet it will be shit

If you want something dirt cheap micro direct are selling Asus tablets for £129 
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3275
    edited December 2013
    my lad wanted to move down from his 10" tablet to a 7" so I sold it for him and we went about  finding a decent cheap 7"..

this was it 

I set it up for him and gave it a good test, blimey its superb, screen is amazing colours are beautiful, its fast and slick, touch is spot on, gaming is tip top, GT Racing is slicker than I have ever seen it..

anyway upshot is I had go back yesterday and get another as the wife now wants to downgrade her 10" Dell.

if I was spending £80 on a tablet I know where I would be going and it'll be £69 after cashback. it has got some drawbacks, no BT, HDMI or SD card slot(which is a killer to most) but for cheap gaming, surfing, streaming its tip to.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    I bet it will be shit

This.
    I'd pay £80 never to have to use one.
  • The pace of technology is frightening! The fact that this is (fairly accurately looking at the market) considered "shit" for £80 is mad when you consider what phones/PDAs were like 5/10 years ago!
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    I refer the Honorable Gentleman to the song, The Ballad of Lidl and Aldi. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17582
    tFB Trader
    The pace of technology is frightening! The fact that this is (fairly accurately looking at the market) considered "shit" for £80 is mad when you consider what phones/PDAs were like 5/10 years ago!
    That's not really it. The Nokia 3310 is very old, but still a brilliant phone because it's reliable and well thought out. The Aldi tablet will be shit because it will be thrown together and the drivers won't work properly. It's probably got better specs than a mk1 iPad, but it won't compare in terms of user experience. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    The pace of technology is frightening! The fact that this is (fairly accurately looking at the market) considered "shit" for £80 is mad when you consider what phones/PDAs were like 5/10 years ago!
    That's not really it. The Nokia 3310 is very old, but still a brilliant phone because it's reliable and well thought out. The Aldi tablet will be shit because it will be thrown together and the drivers won't work properly. It's probably got better specs than a mk1 iPad, but it won't compare in terms of user experience. 
    Exactly this.
    I'm no snob but when it comes to tech it has to be well thought out and seamless.
    I don't have an iPad(s) because it is some sort of brand awareness/fandom going on- it is because it does what I need to to in a way that is seamless and well thought out.
  • Oh yeah, I see your point, I use an iPhone and iPad for the same reason, but it wasn't so long ago that all tech was like that!