Best apps?

JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
im looking to put some apps on my new computer and dont have a clue what to go for theres so many. 
As well as music ,id be interested in Live football streaming for when were not on sky Like Tonight!
What dya recommend. ps i dont want to be bombarded with F/buddy ads! if possible. 
Cheers!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    edited December 2013
    you dont need an app for streaming,  just browse to an appropriate site.

rather an odd request if I may say so,  you dont get applications just cos they're there............you get stuff you need to do a specific job..........write docs,  do sums,  play games,  etc etc     dont you ?  or perhaps Im just old fashioned and been in the business too long 

:D
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    bertie said:
    you dont need an app for streaming,  just browse to an appropriate site.

rather an odd request if I may say so,  you dont get applications just cos they're there............you get stuff you need to do a specific job..........write docs,  do sums,  play games,  etc etc     dont you ?  or perhaps Im just old fashioned and been in the business too long 

I dont want to unwittingly knacker my comp with a virus, so Im looking for advice. Maybe its me not been in the buisness long enough (and too old) Im getting down with the kids Bertie,Get out of the new one if you cant lend a hand! :D. So do you suggest i google live football streaming and take it from there?
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    What kind of computer is it?
    Acer Aspire
    edited December 2013
    as long as you've got good AV and AntiMalware s/w (and firewall), yep pretty much  - 

good applications you'll pay for dont forget, ...............  or are you using your "computer"  as a metro / tablet type interface ? and thinking of phone type  freebie little applets ?

fist thing we always say is,  'what do you want to do with it'   then find the right tool (app) for the job
    bertie said:
    as long as you've got good AV and AntiMalware s/w (and firewall), yep pretty much  - 

good applications you'll pay for dont forget, ...............  or are you using your "computer"  as a metro / tablet type interface ?

fist thing we always say is,  'what do you want to do with it'   then find the right tool (app) for the job
    im just using it straight out the box, ive updated it to windows 8.1. Thats all i can say about it really. It has all kinds going on!
    edited December 2013
    straight out of the box means nothing to me.........is it a laptop ? tablet ? PC ? 

Not a criticism,  but it seems to me you've bought it cos you think you ought to, and dont really know what to do with it, rather than to do a specific job or jobs , which as a " long time pc user"  is a slightly odd perspective (and probably out of date !!    :D   )
    Bit like getting an MP3 player and saying "hey what music shall I get"  

or perhaps, Ive mis-read, and you have got it specifically for music/browsing, and are just asking - hey what fun things can I do  ?   its this use of the term 'app'  which always meant 'application' (as in proper big stylee)  in old money not stupid little quirky things you get on yer phone         :D       -  Im defo not down with the kids..................   :)

Id be saying,  I need to write letters, whats a good word processing app,  I need to set up  a database of all the TAB/lyrics/whatever, that Ive got,  I need to edit photos Ive taken,  I need to record music,  I need to browse tinternet.  etc etc
  • if you are after a dodgy live footie stream you are going to get dodgy adverts on the side..

Metro apps wise

FilmOn is a great freeview type streaming app
    Sketchbook 
    Fresh Paint
    Music Maker Jam

Wordament
    Doritos Crash Course
    Taptiles
    M$ Solitaire
    M$ Minesweeper (this is a great new version, the adventure mode is very addictive)
    bertie said:
    straight out of the box means nothing to me.........is it a laptop ? tablet ? PC ? 

Not a criticism,  but it seems to me you've bought it cos you think you ought to, and dont really know what to do with it, rather than to do a specific job or jobs , which as a " long time pc user"  is a slightly odd perspective (and probably out of date !!    :D   )
    Bit like getting an MP3 player and saying "hey what music shall I get"  

or perhaps, Ive mis-read, and you have got it specifically for music/browsing, and are just asking - hey what fun things can I do  ?   its this use of the term 'app'  which always meant 'application' (as in proper big stylee)  in old money not stupid little quirky things you get on yer phone         :D       -  Im defo not down with the kids..................   :)

Id be saying,  I need to write letters, whats a good word processing app,  I need to set up  a database of all the TAB/lyrics/whatever, that Ive got,  I need to edit photos Ive taken,  I need to record music,  I need to browse tinternet.  etc etc
    I would say your second paragraph was spot on. The lap top is mostly for Fun etc. I Use Sage in work and thats it really. I will use it for emails also and then take it from there really. Anyway last night was spent arsing round ,hovering over pages and watching them open up infront of me. Drove me crackers. Anyway i ended up downloading Google Chrome and that was it. 
    I ended up on bet 365 and other sites i didnt want so i gave up in the end. Cheers!

if you are after a dodgy live footie stream you are going to get dodgy adverts on the side..

Metro apps wise

FilmOn is a great freeview type streaming app
    Sketchbook 
    Fresh Paint
    Music Maker Jam

Wordament
    Doritos Crash Course
    Taptiles
    M$ Solitaire
    M$ Minesweeper (this is a great new version, the adventure mode is very addictive)
    Thanks Mate.
    JAYJO said:
    I ended up on bet 365 

slipery slope

bertie said:
    JAYJO said:
    I ended up on bet 365 

slipery slope

bertie said:
    JAYJO said:
    I ended up on bet 365 

slipery slope

Wanna Bet? 

:D    The Grand National and Lottery are my limit im pleased to say.