storm

how are our scottish & northern irish friends doing?
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Pretty grotty here and power was a bit patchy last night and today (insert joke here about candles out ladies!), started fecking snowing too, so pretty far pretty normal for this time of year.
    ;)

Bastard high winds as a shit though and causing havoc, especially as we are getting scaffolding up for thermal cladding. Yay we will nearly have a A Rated hoose soon.

From the news it looks as though NE England and parts of wales are having a shit time too. Be safe all.
  • hey Johnny bet you need an A rated house up there in the frozen north. glad you & pussy cats are OK though. In Suffolk we've had high winds since mid day and about 30-60 mins ago the most violent rain I've seen in a long time. No lekky for me is just inconvenient, as my cooking and main room heater are fuelled by big bottles of red lpg.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    It's windy.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • Lixarto said:
    It's windy.
    you had sprouts or baked beans for lunch?
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    No; steak and stilton :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    @Phil_aka_Pip

Bloody right now that winter is here but the two older pussy cats are well versed and know exactly where to hide for maximum warmth and comfort. Plus they only bob out for a slash or dump then back in.

To be fair it is very rare we lose power here because the guys up here are great at getting things sorted nice and quick and keeping the lights on.

However I do feel sorry for the poor dudes erecting our scaffolding as it is baltic so making sure the have tea and a warm place to drink it. Tried to offer bacon rolls and biccies but the boss guy nixed it.

Plus as they are from well down south they are probably suffering from shock of how brassic it is here at the mo.