Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Which couriers to use

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BensonBenson Frets: 242
    Couriers differ dramatically dependant on region, my local Hermes drivers are great but having sold 80+ items online in the last six weeks I’ve had more damage or missing parcels with Hermes than anyone else, to the point I refuse to use them any more. (spoiler alert, RM have been the best). I think it’s fair to say most if not all courier services offer a wildly differing quality of service depending on the sending and receiving location.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12315
    They’re all a mix of good and bad. Parcelforce and RM have been terrible here lately, I’ve had several parcels go missing (sometimes even items out of the same delivery schedule). A couple of things have arrived very badly damaged, including a bed frame that was virtually to reduced to matchwood inside the box, it must’ve been dropped from a height. Previously they’ve both been great. All you can do is hope the seller is reasonable and will send out a replacement.  
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    I use APC Overnight. Must have used over a dozen times to send guitars. Never had an issue. But no matter which courier you choose there's a degree of risk. You're taking a chance so pack the area between case and box well - and always, always take it yourself if you can :) 
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    Not fucking Hermes. Because they're a gang of incompetent, dishonest cunts.  @ellwood can corroborate this.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    JerkMoans said:
    Not fucking Hermes. Because they're a gang of incompetent, dishonest cunts.  @ellwood can corroborate this.
    I can indeed. But at least one of the incompentent dishonest idiots is happy as he probably has a new California Artist Strat to play. Unlike me...
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8592
    Hermes delivered to me today. They lobbed the parcel over the gate and drove off. This doesn’t surprise me. At least they’ve got rid of the driver who used to steal anything he thought was saleable. It was also no surprise that the parcel wasn’t for me. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 227
    Ill add my positive experience with DCS (https://directcouriersolutions.com/) for reference. I had trouble finding a courier who would insure a guitar over £100, trying Parcelforce, DPD, UPS, and a few others. I found DCS which promised next day pickup and 1 day delivery, with an insurance option. I booked the delivery at 22:00 for pickup the next day, skeptical that it would actually happen on such short notice. Turns out they subcontracted the job out to DPD anyhow, just adding their own insurance for up to £2000 for only an additional £20. DPD showed up the next day for pickup, and delivered to me the day later. Fantastic. Total under £50. Couldn't ask for anything more. 
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    I no longer use couriers, but wnen i did it was mostly APC, who I never had an issue with.

Today, I don't care how inconvenient, I'll get the train and take the guitar myself if it needs a setup/repair.

:) 
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 941
    edited June 2023
    Always had issues with Hermes. I had a guitalele go missing, as well as an FX pedal. I also had a bad experience with a headstock break when using parcelforce...though tbh I've come to suspect it was more to do with the buyer going to town on it after a case of buyer's remorse...
  • robwright said:
    Agree with Andy - UPS through Interparcel is the best and cheapest service. Won't use any other!
    I guess it's just the luck of the draw. UPS destroyed a Burman combo that was sent to me and then claimed it was the seller's fault. Luckily he had photographs pre and post packaging and they finally paid up. Mind you, you have to admire their ability - those amps travelled the world with many bands and survived, so it was some achievement.