Show your Bicycles.....

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28102
    A chum at work, who is rather serious about his bicycling, entered a proper road race on a Chopper and didn't come last.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    I've done 60 miles on the two trips to and from work this week. All on the 1991 GT Karakorum. Lots of really good Strava segment times and about 20 mins quicker than the first few runs of the route. Clearly getting fitter and doing the miles on the MTB will make the road bike feel like a rocket ship! Does show how good the GT is too. Can't wait to get on the much lighter Marin.
    Aforementioned work-chum is a big Strava fan.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6058
    I can't get my leg over these days, so I went with this -

It's a very comfortable ride. I installed the obligatory basket on the front handlebars.
    Some rather great bikes so far, love the Italian road bikes and that S-Works is lovely. I really, really, really want a Raleigh Team Burner and something with a 531c frame. I think I have the MTB side covered.
    edited February 2016
    @sporky I'm pretty sure I could give the Orange a very good home. I Always wanted an Orange. Need something British for the fleet!
    Niallmo said:
    @sporky I'm pretty sure I could give the Orange a very good home. I don't have a retro FS bike.
    FS? If that's full suspension then I'm afraid mine is a pre-boingy Clockwork.
    Sporky said:
    Niallmo said:
    @sporky I'm pretty sure I could give the Orange a very good home. I don't have a retro FS bike.

Sorry, I've edited it, there were different specs.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5466
    Niallmo said:
    Some rather great bikes so far, love the Italian road bikes and that S-Works is lovely. I really, really, really want a Raleigh Team Burner and something with a 531c frame. I think I have the MTB side covered.
    I remember the Christmas my folks bought me this. First kid at my school to get a BMX and I was deliriously happy.

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5466
    Admittedly, the Team Burner with the Skyways was way cooler, it was just too expensive for me ol' ma and da.
    Niallmo said:
    Sporky said:
    Niallmo said:

Sorry, I've edited it, there were different specs.
    Ah, no probs.

IIRC it's a 17" frame, DX and XT set. Would you like pictures and such, or you're welcome to come and have a look-see? It's in Woking....
    edited February 2016
    I had a Mini-Burner in red.

http://www.whalley100.com/burners/minis.jpg
    I had the gold & black Super Burner. Lovely bike.
  • westwest Frets: 996
    edited February 2016
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=842387175775643&l=a8dd8c6b46

Cotic Solaris 29er , great frame ! and some nice bits and bobs Hope,easton,crest etc ....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1076604542353904&l=70dbee6fcc

me old orange p7 owned from new still great nick and cool bike for its age for sale currently .....

Oh and coolest ? 1976 mk 11 purple chopper with its side stand digging in to the melting tarmac ,,,,,
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    My Orange 5 bouncer

And my Synapse road bike

• TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    edited February 2016
    Here's my trusty steed:

It's a 2001 GT i-Drive Team that I bought brand new for around £1500 (RRP ~ £4000) in 2002 (and still have). It's a proper cross country race machine, made in the USA, ultra light aluminium frame, full XTR group set, Hope discs (upgrades from the original V brakes) and Rockshox SID race forks.

The travel on the suspension isn't anywhere near as much as a modern bike, but I'm no downhiller so it doesn't bother me - going uphill is more my bag and this bike flies uphill mainly due to its light weight.
    We are all Chameleons...
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    I gotta say that I share philosophy of buying the best, as it's quality stuff that lasts. I bought a top of the range Orange 5 Pro SE in 2005. I paid £2600 back then but it had the top of the line equipment including Sram X0 groupset. It performed flawlessly for 6 years (I was doing about 1000 miles per year) - never let me down.

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    TonyR;985722" said:
    Here's my trusty steed:

It's a 2001 GT i-Drive Team that I bought brand new for around £1500 in 2002 (and still have). It's a proper cross country race machine, made in the USA, ultra light aluminium frame, full XTR group set, Hope discs (upgrades from the original V brakes) and Rockshox SID race forks.

The travel on the suspension isn't anywhere near as much as a modern bike, but I'm no downhiller so it doesn't bother me - going uphill is more my bag and this bike flies uphill mainly due to its light weight.
    I ragged the shit outta one of them in Kansas a few years ago, fantastic bike that takes more punishment than you'd think!
    I was hucking it to flat and it just kept rolling and bouncing along merrily, rubber side down the whole way. Brilliant fun!
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7333
    edited February 2016
    thermionic

My winter bike (aluminium frame, full mudguards and cheaper Campagnolo Veloce components), De Rosa Milanino:

This looks like the frame is made from cans of Fosters Lager!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'