new design... now with a one video

What's Hot
jmcustomguitarsjmcustomguitars Frets: 102
edited October 2019 in Made in the UK

hello!
This time I come to ask what you think of this new guitar design, influenced in my JM EL.
This guitar will be more dedicated to blues and jazz, and may be hollow body for example!
What do you think of the design ???

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72247
    edited March 2016
    Interesting… I like Rickenbackers and Arias, so the first thing it reminded me of was the top half of one of these

with the bottom half of one of these

:)

But I like it, I think.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    It looks .... interesting. I think I'd need to see more of a mock up to have a confirmed opinion but I think I like it.
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Stop crying, start buying
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    Top half says Astro Jet to me. A good thing. Though I wouldn't buy one :)
  • Thank you for your comments ;)

this time I'm building 3 classical guitars but soon as I can I will start this ... I can not wait ;) i dont decided yet the wood for the top, i have other piece of olivewood ... its one ideia :)

soon more news ;)

Opinions? this will be a blues/jazz guitar i don´t want a very aggressive guitar ... solid body or hollow body? what you think?
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28022
    I like it, though I think the very top and very bottom of the rear bit could have a slightly softer curve. I think it'd work well solid or semi or hollow depending on size - smallest first, largest last.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    It looks cool, has that sort of airline guitars vibe. You should stick a bigsby on it and do a semi hollow.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27433
    I'd go for hollowbody, as long as you DO NOT add the traditional "f" holes.

It's a modern design, it should have modern-shaped holes, not the trad style.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72247
    TTony said:
    I'd go for hollowbody, as long as you DO NOT add the traditional "f" holes.

It's a modern design, it should have modern-shaped holes, not the trad style.
    This exactly. Probably not a Rickenbacker 'slash' soundhole either, although that would be a better starting point.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    I like it! The only thing I'd change - if it were me, since you're asking - is to round the point off the lower horn. 

I know it's probably not the plan, but I could imagine this with a "German carve" type edge and 50s colours - Fiesta Red, Surf Green, etc. Maybe binding. Airline guitars vibe.
  • Thank you for your ideas ;)

Well I have been out from here for some time, to mush work in 3 classical guitars ;)

i like all ideas, some to do and some that can bring other eheh 

I must stop a bit and focus my ideas and see what will be the first one... 
    This is a custom, i like the shape but the future clients can change the design etc thats what  i think a custom must be, always adapted to the customer 

See ya

;)
  • now a video hope you guys like it, as distortion and after 1m30s will go clean ;)
    https://youtu.be/0HeZSVeRcQ4
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27433
    Still like the shape / design!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • thank you TTony

Charlie Allan playing a electric Jose Marques guitar , in this video you can see and listen the guitars played with distortion and without at 1m and 30s
    This demo was performed, recorded, filmed, and produced by Charlie Allen.
    Charlie is a 17-year-old musician from Suffolk, performing and taking influence in many genres and styles.
    He will be starting up a YouTube channel soon, but has an Instagram account: https://instagram.com/charlieallengui... 
    He is also in a heavy metal band called Brazen Bull, who are releasing their next single soon: Instagram: https://instagram.com/brazenbullband_... YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bB... Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/4zaFh...

Thank you Charlie :) JM