Fender Ramparte

What's Hot
Finally got to try the amp today, basic looks are love it or hate it, still unsure, one minute hate the look, next I think it's great ? Sound wise I tried the clean Chanel first and thought it was very nice more brown face than usual fender clean. Whacked right up and using guitars controls was best for me, warm clean to fat overdriven crunch,never too over the top but a real nice response from players touch. Hot channel was a little raspy for me, but again, still worked well with guitar volume changes. Would love to hear my esquire through this channel. It's easy to think, yeah nice amp for price, but obviously it's built to a price and savings have been made. Yes they have, speaker is not great, does the job but that's it, could have had a foot switch to choose between channels but again all this would bump up the price. I think Fender have got it right again. Cheap, fun to use but bags of character, I want one. Anyone bought one ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I just retain my previous comment about these that based on the YouTube clips you need an ABY pedal to get the best sounds and Fender missed a massive trick not having this capability on board.
    Personally, I like the looks. Bit of radiogram about it.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    I loved the look and bought one last week.  My SG Classic loves it, and the ES-330 will get a run tomorrow.

I don't think I'll EVER need the Hot channel...
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    Nitefly said:
    I loved the look and bought one last week.  My SG Classic loves it, and the ES-330 will get a run tomorrow.

I don't think I'll EVER need the Hot channel...
    Well.  I was right about not needing the Hot channel; turns out I didn't need the Cool one either  :'( - Just no clean headroom for me, so it's been in the box for the last 5 years.  That said, the way my hearing is these days I wouldn't know whether it sounded any good or not anyway...

Looks like it's time to get it on the block.   :s

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    Nitefly said:
    it's been in the box for the last 5 years.
    My nearest Fender dealership has had its display example languishing in a corner for almost as long.

I vaguely recall trying out the Ramparte and Vaporizer when they were new but there was no opportunity to turn up to a decent sound pressure level.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3971
    Maybe stick with it a couple of months at least before you give up on it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom