SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Anyone in Malvern/local to?

What's Hot
nick79nick79 Frets: 252
Looking for people to jam with or form/join a band.
Anyone about?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    edited April 2016
    What sort of music?

I'm near Woodstock, so not exactly close but if we could find a rehearsal room somewhat equidistant.
    Edit: Oh, I'm interested in playing drums.
    I play guitar too... sometimes.
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 908
    Malvern-based bassist here :)
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    I'm in Worcester. What sort of thing are you in to?
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 252
    Cheers chaps, i'm already in a band but doing classic rock type stuff but wouldn't mind doing either something a bit heavier (Sabbath type stuff) or just doing some blues type stuff. But i'm open to any other suggestions, I'm looking to really improve my playing and i've found that mixing with other muso's is the best way really. Not quite sure of the best way to go about it, i know there are a few open mic nights round here, maybe we could crash one or book a session at a practise room somewhere (theres a decent one in Worcester)
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    The Marrs Bar in Worcester do a Jam night every Wednesday that's primarily blues based, may be worth taking a trip down there?
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    Blimey, i had forgotten all about the jam nights at the Marrs bar, cheers. Do you ever manage to get in there at all?
  • HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    edited August 2016
    Im local (Pershore) Play lead in a gigging band at the mo but would happily sit on Rhythm if required. Also thinking of doing something a little heavier. Im also into heavy Sabbath ish stuff. Reckon I probably know you and you probably know me ;-)
    I think i've worked out who you are now mate... I'll msg you a bit later when i get a spare 2 mins. :)

• Ok nick. Ye Soul Stripper!!! Ha ha
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Nick79

Am a developing guitarist based in the worcester-evesham-tewksbury triangle. Been playing for 2+ years. Into most styles of music but not the metal, shred, thrash, punk, drum'n'bass, rap or bland pop variety.

Interests include in no particular order Public Service Broadcasting, Herb Alpert, Gong, The Orb, Cambodian Space Project, SAHB, Yello, Hubert Sumlin, The Yardbirds, Traffic Experiment, Zappa, Dengue Fever, Thomas Blug, Robert Cray, Thomas Fanger & Mario Schönwälder, Art of Noise, Talking Heads and early/mid Floyd. In effect from 60’s psychedelia (Jefferson Airplane) through to modern ambient (Biosphere).

Sorry, haven’t got a ready-made practice venue, but do have the time.
  • I'm based in Bromsgrove and would certainly be interested in a meet up occasionally. Jam nights at the Marrs bar certainly sound interesting! Unfortunately I'm mainly free on Monday nights...