Charvel Model series - any better value shredder?

What's Hot
These have to be the best value shredders on the used market. When I was 17 I saved all my money from my paperound and saturday job for months on end to get a Model 3A when they came out.

I picked up a Model 4 for £165 last week.  Cosmetically its has some cracked laquer and one major ding into the wood but come on  - £165 - this things kills most guitars under a grand in the shops, still plays like butter, active electronics still work, JT6 is stable ( even if i do need to tighten the arm daily:-) ).

Anyone think there is a better value used guitar out there?

:-)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2751
    That is a great price for a model 4 - I've seen them go for way more!    

Very nice guitars!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Got a Korean bc rich gunslinger for 200 sheets. Dimarzio super distortion pickup, alpha pot, genuine original Floyd rose (not a licensed one) and grover tuners.

I miss her. :( Bloomin lovely slim neck with smooth finish, nicely contoured alder body, tone for days, clean or dirty, and a Floyd that never went wrong.
  • Proof that you dont need to spend a fortune to get a  great guitar.

We still do mind :-)

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited December 2013
    still plays like butter
    GAAAAAAH

Sorry :D
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry I've been staring at USA eBay listings all day - I guess it wearing off on me .:-o
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17717
    tFB Trader
    The Pacifica 812 has got to be up there. 

Last one on Ebay went for £245!
  • Never seen one but took a quick look - That's a lot of guitar for not a lot of money. Bet it plays like Yorkshire puddings too :-)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17717
    tFB Trader
    The higher end Pacificas are overlooked, but they are real high end guitars (Seymour and Wilkinson HW) and you can get ones with a floyd (though they are rare). 

The necks are also very skinny and fast. 
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3073
    Good price indeed. I've got a 4 which I've had from new. Needs a set up but still my favourite guitar and tonally is the most versatile guitar I've owned. I'll never get rid of it. I did swap out the jt6 for a Schaller Floyd many years ago - just didn't get on the the fine tuners on the jt6.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11653
    tFB Trader
    I have a couple of model 2s - one that I owned since 1987 and the other was a 1988 one I bought a few years ago.
    great necks and good value

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!