Victoria Amps 5112

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1205
    edited June 2016
    Where did you get the Vic from? when i stick my '57 Tweed Champ through an open back pine 1x12 cab, it sounds huge.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1057
    @Badbones I picked it up second hand from Charlie Chandlers. I think they get new ones in also.

loving the tone and simplicity of this amp. Weirdly seems to work with all my guitars really well, regardless of pickup type.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    /\ try it with a P90...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Incidentally, Charlie chandlers got in touch with Victoria about the cab rattle, and I had an email from Mark Baier with suggestions on how to get it sorted out almost immediately.

Just love the personal touch from the boutique guys like Mark and Steve Carr who stand behind their amps.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6121
    tFB Trader
    @57Deluxe to my eternal shame, I don't have a P90 loaded guitar currently. I bloody love p90s too!

Incidentally, Charlie chandlers got in touch with Victoria about the cab rattle, and I had an email from Mark Baier with suggestions on how to get it sorted out almost immediately.

Just love the personal touch from the boutique guys like Mark and Steve Carr who stand behind their amps.
    what did he suggest?
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    He gave a few suggestions, number one being loosening the back panel. Going to give that a shot first thing tomorrow.
    Forgot to say, the 5112 sounds fantastic with the TV Jones in my Falcon. Love this amp! Fingers crossed I can work the rattle out tomorrow.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    The Tweeds are great. Did you see the video recently that Mick Taylor shared talking to Joe Bonnamassa. Joe has sold his whole Marshall/Dumble rig for a tweed one. Says a lot ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • hotpickups;1100690" said:
    The Tweeds are great. Did you see the video recently that Mick Taylor shared talking to Joe Bonnamassa. Joe has sold his whole Marshall/Dumble rig for a tweed one. Says a lot ;)
    Wait, are you telling me Joe bo has changed his rig

Stop press!
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    edited June 2016
    That's what he said in the video. Sold all oh his Dumbles

ThePrettyDamned;1100699" said:
    [quote="hotpickups;1100690"]The Tweeds are great. Did you see the video recently that Mick Taylor shared talking to Joe Bonnamassa. Joe has sold his whole Marshall/Dumble rig for a tweed one. Says a lot ;)
    Wait, are you telling me Joe bo has changed his rig

Stop press! [/quote]

Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    Have to come back to this thread a few years down the line. Took the 5112 to the local jam tonight and plugged my strat straight in with the volume dimed.

Absolutely righteous sound.

I let another guy go through my rig and sat out in the audience appreciating it. Killer!

Mysteriously the rattle mentioned earlier just stopped one day. No idea why!