Godin Electro Nylons Has Anyone Got or Tried One

Hankering for a Godin electro nylon as one pupil brought one in - you can get the full size classical necks to suit my dainty paws so might blow the plastic this year or commit to paying out. I shall leave it to you Fretwired to take over the debt if I succumb this year Anyone tried one 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    Never tried one, but I'd like to.

Unusually for Godins, they seem to really keep their value too.  Been on the lookout for one s/h, and they always seem to go for fairly big ££s.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9982
    edited December 2013 tFB Trader

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• A guy was playing one where I was for a couple of weeks before Xmas at Bath, both last and this year, sounded great through the Bose L2 PA.  He is a really good player, great arrangements, all unaccompanied instrumentals.  Tried it myself (unplugged, I didn't want to frighten the horses ;) and although I have only tried a few Godins, it felt by far the best, really nice to play.  I think it was the narrower nut version IIRC.  It's on the GAS list for sometime in the future, I may even try the Crafter in a current thread >here< and see how it stacks up, but I thought the Godin was a great guitar and sounded really good too IMO.  Hope that helps a bit.
    Cheers,  Chris  :)

• I always recommend Godin guitars as they're fabulous value used, and stunning instruments (usa/Canadian build).

But these ones do hold their value. Probably very good though.
  • I have one with the narrower, radiused, fretboard. It's is a very nice guitar. As you rightly point out, they are also available with a wider flat, classical  style, fretboard. Try one out and see if you can't damage your little plastic friend.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11789
    I had one years ago
    Multiac
    I never liked it much. Not sure you can do better unless you get an acoustic though
    I lost 35% even though the list price had gone up 35%
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754

Back in 2002 I bought a Chinese nylon electro acoustic for around £40 of ebay on a whim. It was bloody amazing, it had a Gibson open book headstock, ovation style bowl back and an active under bridge pickup. Really slim neck with flat ebony fingerboard.  I played it nearly every day for over five years. 

Then a friend borrowed it, took a real liking to it and insisted he give me £250 for it.  I bloody regret it now :(

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641
    Played one the other day but it was pretty disappointing. There was a buzz from inside that was annoying but to be fair it probably just needed looking at and a setup. I had it in my mind that it would be an upgrade to my Yamaha SLG110N but I prefer my Yamaha. Still, would be good to try a well set up one through an amp, it would probably all make sense then.....