Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The "not one of them" thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Here it is again

Peavey EVH Wolfgang from 2000.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bellycaster;118720" said:
    Here it is again

Wow... Never seen a purple one before.

Well nice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Oh gosh, that firebird :)
    Amazing best so far ;)
  • MistergMisterg Frets: 330

blueskunk said:
    Oh gosh, that firebird :)
  • Bellycaster;118720" said:
    Here it is again

Wow... Never seen a purple one before.

Well nice.
    Cheers, TPD. When I bought it I went with a couple of mates to the shop that sold these. They tried and tried to get me to get a different colour but I wasn't having it. I got some ribbing, shall we say, Lol. I love this colour on the guitar.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    edited December 2013
    Another Callaghan guitar...

https://fbcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/s720x720/418215_168747603243046_949015218_n.jpg

[edited by ddlooping]corrected link to photo[/edit]
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    Megii said:
    Those are 3 highly desirable beauties! Please do tell me more - an Anderson Hollow Drop Top has been on my mental wish list for some time - what's it like to play and what are the sounds like? Similar questions re the Sadowsky Jim Hall. :)
    Anderson is my #1 Guitar. Stupidly light, but not neck heavy, a thin C neck and great options with the pickups (taps and a blower option).  I'd recommend a HBDT to anyone.

Sadowsky a very different beast - very glassy ebony neck, does jazz perfectly - I got this instead of a s/h generic 70s 175 because they play so well and it was the same price at the time (plus it was $2:10=£1 at the time).  It's based on Jim Hall's D'Aquisto, and is to JH's spec - it plays like a dream. Shame I can't do it justice. Unamplified, nothing special - same as a 175 as it is also a laminate, not a carved top.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Lexie1Lexie1 Frets: 135
    Oh Great, Firebirds..... here are two that were mine

• This was a 'one-off' built for my old buddy Jez back in 1982/3 by Hugh Manson (Manson guitars) when they were located in Crowborough, East Sussex. Jez designed it from scratch and Hugh built it to his specifications which included Kent Armstrong pups, coil tapped, RW fretboard. I think the body was mahogany but not 100% sure. Very 80's in style, really well balanced and played beautifully. We used to visit the workshop daily to see it's build in progress. I can remember it cost him £400 which seemed like a fortune at the time. Sadly Jez passed away in 2000 aged 36 but his Mum still has the guitar. I'd love to own it one day and play it out again but I don't think it'll ever be for sale. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KevKahuna said:
    ...his Mum still has the guitar. I'd love to own it one day and play it out again but I don't think it'll ever be for sale.
    Maybe she would let you borrow/play it, in memory of her son. 
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Jalapeno said:
    Megii said:
    Those are 3 highly desirable beauties! Please do tell me more - an Anderson Hollow Drop Top has been on my mental wish list for some time - what's it like to play and what are the sounds like? Similar questions re the Sadowsky Jim Hall. :)
    Anderson is my #1 Guitar. Stupidly light, but not neck heavy, a thin C neck and great options with the pickups (taps and a blower option).  I'd recommend a HBDT to anyone.

Sadowsky a very different beast - very glassy ebony neck, does jazz perfectly - I got this instead of a s/h generic 70s 175 because they play so well and it was the same price at the time (plus it was $2:10=£1 at the time).  It's based on Jim Hall's D'Aquisto, and is to JH's spec - it plays like a dream. Shame I can't do it justice. Unamplified, nothing special - same as a 175 as it is also a laminate, not a carved top.
    Cheers! I think I'd go for an H-S-H pickup setup for the Anderson, just personal taste, but otherwise, yours is about my perfect guitar by the sounds of it... And I can't blame you for going for the Sadowsky over a 70s ES175 either, I'd have done the same I think. :)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    The Anderson SCs are stacked humbuckers ! ;)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2010
    edited December 2013
    Jalapeno's blonde 335 is exactly the sort of thing I'd get if I had the money. That is absolutely beautiful.

Here are my Epi 335 and Ibanez thingy -

imageimage

If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • imageimageimageimage
    Old Is Gold
  • A chrome Sg?!

Want!

• A chrome Sg?!

Want!
    Its an all Aluminium SG (the body is chrome plated) by the Electrical Guitar Company in the states. It is one of their early ones being #24, I think they at are over 1000 now. the SG is supposedly one of 3 made for makin music in Chicago.
    Old Is Gold
  • That's amazing. Looks proper swish.
  • That's amazing. Looks proper swish.
    It is pretty cool and sounds great but it weighs a ton, the other guitar I posted the green one with the aluminium neck is also an EGC but the body is wood.
    Old Is Gold
  • I've seen both Melvins and Torche live using them over the last couple of years they look absolutely amazing under stage lights.  Sound heavy as mammoth balls too