SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Feeler: £320 budget, what have you?

Hello all,

I may be looking to buy an acoustic in 2-3 weeks time so thought I'd put the feelers out now. My budget will be about £320, though that may be sightly flexible for the right guitar.

Things I'm interested in:
- active electronics are very strongly preferred
- cutaways are a big bonus though not an absolute must have
- models I like include Yamaha APX/CPX, Alvarez AG series, PRS SE Angelus, Taylor GS mini
- not a fan of dreadnoughts
- no parlours please

Let me know what you have!

Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 908
    Faith Naked Venus FKV - immaculate.  £275?  Can add a Hiscox for £30 too.
  • Hey, I like the look of the FKV, will have to do some YouTubing. Do you have any photos? Cheers
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 611

How about APX500ii electro acoustic in oriental blueburst (altho more greenie). In original Yami case. Both mint. Circa £200 you will have GAS money left over.

Hey, I like the look of the FKV, will have to do some YouTubing. Do you have any photos? Cheers
    I've stuck it on ebay so piccies are here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331911203601
  • Unfortunately it looks as though I may miss out on the Faith. Any other Faith Venuses, Yamaha CPX, PRS SE Angeluses etc floating around?
    If you want a PRS check out Thomann - they had them new for less than I've seen them coming up second hand!  Might have all gone south since Brexit but worth a look.

Also, be wary of Yamaha CPX - some of them are LOVELY guitars (I had a 7 and a 10) but many I saw in shops suffered from poor neck pitch so getting a good action and decent break angle was nigh-on impossible. 
  • If you want a PRS check out Thomann - they had them new for less than I've seen them coming up second hand!  Might have all gone south since Brexit but worth a look.

Also, be wary of Yamaha CPX - some of them are LOVELY guitars (I had a 7 and a 10) but many I saw in shops suffered from poor neck pitch so getting a good action and decent break angle was nigh-on impossible. 
    Thanks for the tips! :)
  • My PRS SE Angelus is back up for sale; PM me if you are interested