SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Drummer needed in Chester/North West for FUNK

colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 395
edited August 2016 in Personnel
Looking to start a new originals project along the lines of Lettuce, Buffalo Brothers, that sort of thing. Got a bass player in hand and I myself will be playing guitar. Genre is fairly loose but we'll be looking at groove based playing.

Possible view of doubling the band up as a funk/soul covers thing for events, as long as it doesn't rend the passion from our souls.

My previous project was this: maybe we'll play some of these songs to get us going.

https://soundcloud.com/secretshows/sets/extendedplayone
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hello Colourofsound. I am well into Lettuce + Buffalo brothers. I am an average guitarist and a reasonable drummer without a kit. So may not be what your looking for as a band member. However, if you play anything like those bands I'd gladly come and see you! Also, if your recording I can put you in touch with a superb trumpet player and an amazing trombone player too. What are your soundcloud deets? (the link you've posted doesn't work).
  • @Placidcasual79 Cheers buddy! Definitely could well be interested in those horn players. I appreciate your honesty about your own playing; however as a drummer myself I have a kit...got any samples/recordings of your playing?

Just fixed the link on my OP, see if that works for you. It's certainly more rock than funk; the tracks 'Countdown' and 'Keep Your Head' probably closer to the vein I'm thinking.
  • I like your stuff - I'd come and see you definitely. I don't have clips of me playing drums - I've been playing guitar in bands for the last few years - but i wouldn't be far off the stuff you've posted there. Saying that there are certainly much better drummers than me out there. Let me know if you need the horns - I play in a Ska band with a four piece horn section now and two of them are funk heads. And I'll keep an eye out for more stuff from you - best of luck with it mate.